Kristin L Campbell
Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- Review of exercise studies in breast cancer survivors: attention to principles of exercise trainingKristin L Campbell
Department of Physical Therapy, 212 Friedman Building, 2177 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Br J Sports Med 46:909-16. 2012..The purpose of this review is to evaluate the application of the principles of exercise training in the exercise prescriptions reported in intervention studies for breast cancer survivors...
- Feasibility of a lifestyle intervention on body weight and serum biomarkers in breast cancer survivors with overweight and obesityKristin L Campbell
Department of Physical Therapy, University of British Columbia, 2177Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Acad Nutr Diet 112:559-67. 2012....
- A prospective model of care for breast cancer rehabilitation: functionKristin L Campbell
Department of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Cancer 118:2300-11. 2012....
- Dietary weight loss and exercise interventions effects on quality of life in overweight/obese postmenopausal women: a randomized controlled trialIkuyo Imayama
Public Health Sciences Division, Fred Hutchison Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 8:118. 2011..The secondary aim was to investigate predictors of changes in HRQOL...
- Comparison of aerobic exercise intensity prescription methods in breast cancerAmy A Kirkham
School of Kinesiology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Med Sci Sports Exerc 45:1443-50. 2013..It is unknown whether different methods of prescribing aerobic exercise intensity achieve the same intensity. Breast cancer treatments may alter exercise response and thereby may affect the accuracy of these methods...
- Cardiorespiratory and neuromuscular deconditioning in fatigued and non-fatigued breast cancer survivorsSarah E Neil
Department of Physical Therapy, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Support Care Cancer 21:873-81. 2013....
- Clinical practice guidelines for breast cancer rehabilitation: syntheses of guideline recommendations and qualitative appraisalsSusan R Harris
Department of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Cancer 118:2312-24. 2012..However, translation of these guidelines into clinical practice needs to be accelerated...
- Reliability and validity of the Performance Recorder 1 for measuring isometric knee flexor and extensor strengthSarah E Neil
PhD Student, School of Population and Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Physiother Theory Pract 29:639-47. 2013..However, reliability and validity of the PR1 have not been reported...
- Reduced-calorie dietary weight loss, exercise, and sex hormones in postmenopausal women: randomized controlled trialKristin L Campbell
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Clin Oncol 30:2314-26. 2012..We evaluated the individual and combined effects of a reduced-calorie weight loss diet and exercise on serum sex hormones in overweight and obese postmenopausal women...
- Promoting neuroplasticity for motor rehabilitation after stroke: considering the effects of aerobic exercise and genetic variation on brain-derived neurotrophic factorCameron S Mang
C S Mang, BPE, MSc, Department of Physical Therapy, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Phys Ther 93:1707-16. 2013....
- Breast cancer survivors' perspectives on a weight loss and physical activity lifestyle interventionLynda G Balneaves
School of Nursing, University of British Columbia, T201 2211 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 2B5, Canada
Support Care Cancer 22:2057-65. 2014..The aim was to inform future study designs and lifestyle interventions...
- Field evaluation of energy expenditure in women using Tritrac accelerometersKristin L Campbell
School of Human Kinetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Med Sci Sports Exerc 34:1667-74. 2002..To investigate the use of Tritrac accelerometers to measure energy expenditure (EE) of various activities for women in the field setting, as compared with portable indirect calorimetry...