Liviana M Calzavara
Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Prior opiate injection and incarceration history predict injection drug use among inmatesLiviana M Calzavara
HIV Social, Behavioural and Epidemiological Studies Unit, and Department of Public Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Addiction 98:1257-65. 2003..To describe injection drug use among inmates, and to identify correlates of drug injection while incarcerated...
- Intimate partner violence is associated with incident HIV infection in women in UgandaFiona G Kouyoumdjian
Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5T 3M7, Canada
AIDS 27:1331-8. 2013..To quantify the association between intimate partner violence (IPV) and incident HIV infection in women in the Rakai Community Cohort Study between 2000 and 2009...
- The impact of stressful life events on unprotected anal intercourse among gay and bisexual menLiviana M Calzavara
Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, 5th Floor, Health Sciences Building, 155 College Street, Toronto, ON, M5T 3M7, Canada
AIDS Behav 16:633-43. 2012..80 (95%CI 1.27, 2.56) times more likely to report unprotected intercourse. Interventions to assist men to cope with stress may help to prevent population spread of HIV and improve overall health...
- Voluntary HIV testing among inmates: sociodemographic, behavioral risk, and attitudinal correlatesAnn N Burchell
HIV Social, Behavioral, and Epidemiological Studies Unit, Department of Public Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Third Floor, 12 Queen s Park Crescent West, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 32:534-41. 2003..Voluntary HIV testing in prison should be encouraged, and inmates should receive appropriate counseling and information to allow realistic assessment of risk...
- Stress and increased HIV infection risk among gay and bisexual menAnn N Burchell
Ontario HIV Treatment Network, Toronto, Canada
AIDS 24:1757-64. 2010..If so, we also aimed to evaluate the evidence for the underlying mechanism, specifically whether stress has an intermediate effect on sexual risk behaviour or an independent, cofactor effect...
- Characterization of an emerging heterosexual HIV epidemic in RussiaAnn N Burchell
HIV Social, Behavioural and Epidemiological Studies Unit, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sex Transm Dis 35:807-13. 2008..The Russian Federation is currently experiencing one of the fastest growing HIV epidemics worldwide. The objective was to identify sexual risk factors for recent heterosexually-acquired HIV infections...
- Risk factors for intimate partner violence in women in the Rakai Community Cohort Study, Uganda, from 2000 to 2009Fiona G Kouyoumdjian
Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario Canada
BMC Public Health 13:566. 2013..There is a lack of data on IPV risk factors from longitudinal studies and from low and middle income countries. Identifying risk factors is needed to inform the design of appropriate IPV interventions...
- Prevalence and predictors of urethral chlamydia and gonorrhea infection in male inmates in an Ontario correctional facilityFiona G Kouyoumdjian
Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, 155 College Street, Toronto, ON M5T 3M7
Can J Public Health 102:220-4. 2011..To determine the prevalence of urethral chlamydia and gonorrhea in males in a correctional facility in Ontario, Canada, and to explore risk factors for infection...