Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Prolongation and quality of life for HIV-infected adults treated with highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART): a balancing actRobert W Burgoyne
Immunodeficiency Clinic, University Health Network, University of Toronto, 200 Elizabeth Street, Toronto, Canada M5G 2C4
J Antimicrob Chemother 61:469-73. 2008..This article reviews research findings on treatment and QOL outcomes a decade into the HAART era...
- Quality of life among urban Canadian HIV/AIDS clinic outpatientsR W Burgoyne
Immunodeficiency Clinic, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int J STD AIDS 12:505-12. 2001..An emphasis on support for both adjusting to diagnosis and symptom management is as important as viral suppression in maximizing QOL for PHA...
- Social support and quality of life over time among adults living with HIV in the HAART eraRobert Burgoyne
Immunodeficiency Clinic, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Ont, Canada M5G2C4
Soc Sci Med 58:1353-66. 2004..Cross-lagged analyses yielded little explanation concerning direction of causation in terms of associations between social support and quality of life for the PHA in this study...
- The relationship between lipodystrophy-associated body changes and measures of quality of life and mental health for HIV-positive adultsRobert Burgoyne
Toronto General Hospital Immunodeficiency Clinic, Ontario, Canada
Qual Life Res 14:981-90. 2005..To investigate the relationship between lipodystrophy-specific symptom severity and wellbeing...
- Exploring direction of causation between social support and clinical outcome for HIV-positive adults in the context of highly active antiretroviral therapyR W Burgoyne
Toronto General Hospital, Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
AIDS Care 17:111-24. 2005....
- Help-seeking patterns in HIV/AIDS outpatientsD S Saunders
Department of Public Health Sciences Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Soc Work Health Care 32:65-80. 2001..Requesters of emotional support services report experiencing significantly lower positive social interaction compared to non-requesters. Implications for the provision of practical and emotional support services for PHA are discussed...
- Effectiveness of step-wise intervention plan for managing nelfinavir-associated diarrhea: a pilot studyAnita Rachlis
Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
HIV Clin Trials 6:203-12. 2005..Pilot study to evaluate the effectiveness of a step-wise diarrhea management strategy for nelfinavir-associated diarrhea...
- Perceived support in newly registered HIV/AIDS clinic outpatientsR W Burgoyne
Immunodeficiency Clinic, Toronto General Hospital, 200 Elizabeth Street, CWG 315, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2C4
AIDS Care 12:643-50. 2000..Requesters of clinic support services tended to exhibit lower emotional-informational support scores compared to non-requesters. Implications for the provision of support services to people living with HIV/AIDS are discussed...
- Evaluating health-related wellbeing outcomes among outpatient adults with human immunodeficiency virus infection in the HAART eraDouglas S Saunders
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int J STD AIDS 13:683-90. 2002..The study results contrast with pre-HAART longitudinal research, in which deterioration in all areas of QoL occurred...
- Lipodystrophy severity does not contribute to HAART nonadherenceEvan J Collins
Immunodeficiency Clinic, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Canada
AIDS Behav 10:273-7. 2006..Remembering was most strongly related to adherence indicators, retaining statistical significance in adjusted multivariate regression analyses...
- Long-term quality-of-life outcomes among adults living with HIV in the HAART era: the interplay of changes in clinical factors and symptom profileRobert W Burgoyne
Immunodeficiency Clinic, Toronto General Hospital, Ontario, Canada
AIDS Behav 8:151-63. 2004..CD4 repletion offset negative effects of symptoms for some aspects of quality of life. The long-term course of quality of life was somewhat predicted by viral load suppression due to the conjoint influence of symptoms and CD4 count...