Ron N Buliung
Affiliation: University of Toronto
- GIS measured environmental correlates of active school transport: a systematic review of 14 studiesBonny Yee Man Wong
Faculty of Physical Education and Health, University of Toronto
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 8:39. 2011..The objectives of this review are: i) to examine and summarize the relationships between objectively measured BE features and AST in children and adolescents and ii) to critically discuss GIS methodologies used in this context...
- What's "quickest and easiest?": parental decision making about school trip modeGuy Ej Faulkner
University of Toronto, Faculty of Physical Education and Health, University of Toronto, 55 Harbord Street, Toronto, ON, M5 S 2W6, Canada
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 7:62. 2010..abstract:..
- Mode shifting in school travel mode: examining the prevalence and correlates of active school transport in Ontario, CanadaBonny Yee Man Wong
Faculty of Physical Education and Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2W6, Canada
BMC Public Health 11:618. 2011..The purpose of this study was to examine the prevalence and correlates of mode shift from passive in the morning to active in the afternoon among elementary and secondary school students in Ontario, Canada...
- Active school transportation in the Greater Toronto Area, Canada: an exploration of trends in space and time (1986-2006)Ron N Buliung
Department of Geography, University of Toronto at Mississauga, 3359 Mississauga Road N, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Prev Med 48:507-12. 2009..This study describes temporal and spatial trends in active transportation for school trips in the Greater Toronto Area, Canada's largest city-region...
- School travel planning: mobilizing school and community resources to encourage active school transportationRon Buliung
Department of Geography, University of Toronto Mississauga, ON, Canada
J Sch Health 81:704-12. 2011..A "school travel plan" (STP) documents a school's transport characteristics and provides an action plan to address school and neighborhood barriers to AST...
- Spatial clustering and the temporal mobility of walking school trips in the Greater Toronto Area, CanadaRaktim Mitra
Department of Geography and Program in Planning, University of Toronto, 100 St George Street, Toronto, Ontario M5S3G3, Canada
Health Place 16:646-55. 2010..The evidence suggests that interventions to increase active school transportation need to acknowledge spatial and temporal differences in walking behavior...
- Active school transport, physical activity levels and body weight of children and youth: a systematic reviewGuy E J Faulkner
Faculty of Physical Education and Health, University of Toronto, ON, Canada
Prev Med 48:3-8. 2009..Before implementing such solutions, it is important to demonstrate that active school transport is associated with health-related outcomes...