Alexandre G Brolo
Affiliation: University of Victoria
- Enhanced fluorescence from arrays of nanoholes in a gold filmAlexandre G Brolo
Department of Chemistry, University of Victoria, Victoria, B C, Canada
J Am Chem Soc 127:14936-41. 2005....
- Surface-enhanced Raman scattering (SERS) optrodes for multiplexed on-chip sensing of nile blue A and oxazine 720Meikun Fan
Department of Chemistry, University of Victoria, Victoria, BC V8W 3V6, Canada
Lab Chip 12:1554-60. 2012..These results demonstrate the advantages of the SERS-optrode for microfluidics applications by illustrating the potential of this vibrational method to quantify components in a mixture...
- Flow-through vs flow-over: analysis of transport and binding in nanohole array plasmonic biosensorsCarlos Escobedo
Mechanical Engineering, University of Victoria, Victoria, BC, Canada
Anal Chem 82:10015-20. 2010..For common binding kinetics and analytes, flow-through nanohole arrays offer ∼10-fold improvement in response time, with a maximum of 20-fold improvement for small biomolecules with rapid kinetics...
- Multilayer silver nanoparticles-modified optical fiber tip for high performance SERS remote sensingGustavo F S Andrade
Department of Chemistry, University of Victoria, PO Box 3055, Victoria, BC, Canada V8W 3V6
Biosens Bioelectron 25:2270-5. 2010..It can be envisioned that the Ag-NPs-MOFT device reported in this work can be further developed for SERS-based remote biosensing...
- Attomolar protein detection using in-hole surface plasmon resonanceJacqueline Ferreira
Department of Chemistry, University of Victoria, P O Box 3065, V8W 3V6, Victoria, BC, Canada
J Am Chem Soc 131:436-7. 2009..The sensitivity was found to be 650 nm/RIU and the detection of three attomoles of proteins was estimated from this scheme...
- Nanoholes as nanochannels: flow-through plasmonic sensingFatemeh Eftekhari
Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Victoria, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Anal Chem 81:4308-11. 2009..The flow-through method resulted in a 6-fold improvement in response time as compared to the established flow-over method...
- Silver nanoparticles self assembly as SERS substrates with near single molecule detection limitMeikun Fan
Department of Chemistry, University of Victoria, Victoria, Canada
Phys Chem Chem Phys 11:7381-9. 2009..At optimum conditions and with a 632.8 nm laser, the signal from an estimated of only approximately 44 probe molecules (100x objective) can still be detected...
- Self-assembled Au nanoparticles as substrates for surface-enhanced vibrational spectroscopy: optimization and electrochemical stabilityMeikun Fan
Department of Chemistry, University of Victoria, Victoria, BC, V8W 3V6, Canada
Chemphyschem 9:1899-907. 2008..In situ electrochemical SERS measurements show that these substrates are stable within the potential window between -800 and +200 mV (vs. Ag/AgCl/sat. Cl(-))...
- A new generation of sensors based on extraordinary optical transmissionReuven Gordon
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Victoria, P O Box 3055, Victoria, B C V8W 3P6, Canada
Acc Chem Res 41:1049-57. 2008..Further research could exploit this platform to develop nanostructures that support high field localization for single-molecule spectroscopy...
- Variability in Raman spectra of single human tumor cells cultured in vitro: correlation with cell cycle and culture confluencyQuinn Matthews
Dept of Physics and Astronomy, University of Victoria, Victoria, BC, Canada
Appl Spectrosc 64:871-87. 2010..Our characterization of the inherent sources of variability in Raman spectra of single human cells will be useful for understanding subtle spectral differences in RM studies of single cells...
- Probing dynamic generation of hot-spots in self-assembled chains of gold nanorods by surface-enhanced Raman scatteringAnna Lee
Department of Chemistry, University of Toronto, 80 Saint George Street, Toronto, Ontario M5S 3H6, Canada
J Am Chem Soc 133:7563-70. 2011....
- Fluctuations of the Stokes and anti-Stokes surface-enhanced resonance Raman scattering intensities in an electrochemical environmentDiego P dos Santos
Department of Chemistry, University of Victoria, P O Box 3065, Victoria, Canada V8W 3V6
Chem Commun (Camb) 47:7158-60. 2011..The distributions of the anti-Stokes to Stokes ratios were obtained and their shape showed a strong dependence on the applied potential...
- Surface plasmon sensor based on the enhanced light transmission through arrays of nanoholes in gold filmsAlexandre G Brolo
Langmuir 20:4813-5. 2004..Furthermore, the optical geometry is collinear, which simplifies the alignment with respect to the traditional Kretschmann (reflection) arrangement for SPR sensing...