Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- Maternal filicide in QuébecDominique Bourget
University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 30:345-51. 2002..Based on the characteristics of this sample, the authors developed a filicide classification system that is flexible and simple to use but must be standardized to become a useful tool for clinicians...
- Amnesia and crimeDominique Bourget
Department of Psychiatry, University of Ottawa
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 35:469-80. 2007..The development of a profile of aspects characteristic of crime-related amnesia would build toward establishing guidelines for the assessment of amnesia in legal contexts...
- Capgras syndrome: a review of the neurophysiological correlates and presenting clinical features in cases involving physical violenceDominique Bourget
Department of Psychiatry, University of Ottawa, Ottawa
Can J Psychiatry 49:719-25. 2004..We propose that elucidating demographic and clinical features noted in cases of violence secondary to CS may highlight important factors in the progression of CS to violence...
- Paternal filicide in QuébecDominique Bourget
Royal Ottawa Hospital, 1145 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1Z 7K4
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 33:354-60. 2005..The proportion of fatal abuse cases was comparatively low. Many of the perpetrators had had contact with health professionals prior to the offense, although none had received treatment for a psychiatric illness...
- Fratricide: a forensic psychiatric perspectiveDominique Bourget
Psychiatry, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 34:529-33. 2006..We raise some issues relevant to treatment and prevention, including the fact that most cases are alcohol-related, impulsive, and unpredictable until the moment they occur...
- A review of maternal and paternal filicideDominique Bourget
Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre, 1145 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, ON K1Z 7K4, Canada
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 35:74-82. 2007....
- Commentary: A response to Wortzel and Arciniegas about amnesia and crimeDominique Bourget
Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre, 1145 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 36:224-6. 2008..As such, a psychiatric clinical approach to the concept of amnesia in relation to crime provides a useful framework...
- Parricide: a comparative study of matricide versus patricideDominique Bourget
Department of Psychiatry, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 35:306-12. 2007..5 percent (36/56) of the perpetrators, and 67 percent of them had a psychotic disorder. Similarities and differences were found between cases of matricide and patricide...
- Domestic homicide and homicide-suicide: the older offenderDominique Bourget
University of Ottawa, ON, Canada
J Am Acad Psychiatry Law 38:305-11. 2010..The impact of mental illness on domestic homicide-suicide is indicated, underscoring the importance of identifying existing psychopathology...
- Women who kill their matesDominique Bourget
Forensic Psychiatry and Schizophrenia Programs, Royal Ottawa Mental Health Centre, 1145 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario K1Z 7K4, Canada
Behav Sci Law 30:598-614. 2012..In the vast majority of cases of women who killed their mates, there were very few indicators that might have signaled the risk and helped predict the violent lethal behavior...
- Switching outpatients with schizophrenia and related disorders on long-acting injectable antipsychotics to olanzapine: an open-label naturalistic pilot studyAlain Labelle
University of Ottawa, Psychology, Carleton University, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Psychopharmacol 22:545-53. 2002..These results should be considered preliminary and require replication using appropriate control groups...
- Dissociating medication effects from learning and practice effects in a neurocognitive study of schizophrenia: Olanzapine versus haloperidolLuc J Boulay
University of Ottawa Institute of Mental Health Research, Royal Ottawa Hospital Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Cogn Neuropsychiatry 12:322-38. 2007..To contrast the effect of a typical antipsychotic (haloperidol) and an atypical antipsychotic (olanzapine) on neurocognitive functioning in schizophrenia when learning and practice (LP) effects are controlled...