Affiliation: University of Toronto
- The challenge of conducting pharmacoeconomic evaluations in oncology using crossover trials: the example of sunitinib for gastrointestinal stromal tumourIsabelle Chabot
Department of Outcomes Research, Medical Division, Pfizer Canada Inc, 17300 Trans Canada Highway, Kirkland, QC, Canada H9J 2M5
Eur J Cancer 44:972-7. 2008..Although cost-effectiveness is an important consideration in reimbursement decisions, there is a need for improved decision-making processes for cancer drugs, as well as a better understanding of the limitations of clinical trial design...
- Gemcitabine as first-line therapy in patients with metastatic breast cancer: a phase II trialM Blackstein
Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Oncology 62:2-8. 2002..This phase II study was conducted to evaluate the efficacy and safety of gemcitabine in patients with metastatic breast cancer (MBC)...
- Gastrointestinal stromal tumours: consensus statement on diagnosis and treatmentMartin E Blackstein
Medical Oncology Unit, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario
Can J Gastroenterol 20:157-63. 2006..The present recommendations were developed at a surgical subcommittee meeting and a subsequent full Advisory Committee meeting held in Toronto, Ontario, in April 2005, under the sponsorship of Novartis Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc...
- Phase II study of dexverapamil plus anthracycline in patients with metastatic breast cancer who have progressed on the same anthracycline regimenE Warner
Toronto Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Centre, Ontario, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 4:1451-7. 1998..The intrinsic cardiotoxicity of dexverapamil makes it less suitable for such studies than several other available agents...
- Liarozole fumarate (R85246): in the treatment of ER negative, tamoxifen refractory or chemotherapy resistant postmenopausal metastatic breast cancerP E Goss
Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 64:177-88. 2000..The clinical responses observed, together with our preclinical results, confirm liarozole's dual mechanism of action and provide a rationale for further evaluation of RAMBAs in the treatment of breast cancer...
- Comparison of HER2/neu status assessed by quantitative polymerase chain reaction and immunohistochemistryR Parkes
Mount Sinai Hospital, Dept of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, 600 University Ave, Toronto, ON, M5G1X5 Canada
Am J Clin Pathol 115:504-11. 2001..The specificity for the HercepTest was 80% compared with 90% for TAB250 and 93% for CB11, while the positive predictive value for the HercepTest was 57% compared with 71% and 76% for TAB250 and CB11, respectively...
- Extended follow-up of patients treated with cytotoxic chemotherapy for intra-abdominal desmoid tumorsL S Poritz
Steve Atanas Starvo Familial Gastrointestinal Cancer Registry, Mount Sinai Hospital and the University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dis Colon Rectum 44:1268-73. 2001..Cytotoxic chemotherapy is effective in producing short-term and long-term remission in these difficult patients...
- A dose escalation trial of adjuvant cyclophosphamide and epirubicin in combination with 5-fluorouracil using G-CSF support for premenopausal women with breast cancer involving four or more positive nodesB Findlay
Hotel Dieu Hospital, St Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Ann Oncol 18:1646-51. 2007..Dose-dense and dose-intensive regimens have improved the outcome of breast cancer in high-risk women with operable disease...
- Analysis of incidence and prognostic factors for ipsilateral breast tumour recurrence and its impact on disease-specific survival of women with node-negative breast cancer: a prospective cohort studyMichelle K Nottage
Royal Brisbane Hospital, Herston Road, Herston, Queensland 4029, Australia
Breast Cancer Res 8:R44. 2006....
- Induction chemotherapy with mitomycin, vindesine, and cisplatin for stage IIIA (T1-3, N2) unresectable non-small-cell lung cancer: final results of the Toronto phase II trialRonald L Burkes
Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, 600 University Avenue, Suite 1221, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X5
Lung Cancer 47:103-9. 2005..This is a phase II study to assess the role of induction chemotherapy in the management of stage IIIA non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC). We are now reporting the long-term follow-up of the Toronto phase II trial...
- The combination of p53 mutation and neu/erbB-2 amplification is associated with poor survival in node-negative breast cancerShelley B Bull
Fred A Litwin Centre for Cancer Genetics, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5, Canada
J Clin Oncol 22:86-96. 2004..On the basis of evidence that p53 mutation is involved in the development of human neoplasia, we examined the prognostic value of p53 alterations in combination with neu/erbB-2 amplification...
- Efficacy and safety of sunitinib in patients with advanced gastrointestinal stromal tumour after failure of imatinib: a randomised controlled trialGeorge D Demetri
Ludwig Center at Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Lancet 368:1329-38. 2006....
- Rectal gastrointestinal stromal tumor mimicking a primary prostatic lesionBrendan C Dickson
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Can J Urol 15:4112-4. 2008..The purpose of our report is to highlight the need to assiduously rule-out gastrointestinal sources of GIST prior to making the diagnosis of primary prostatic GIST...