G A Bjarnason
Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Circadian variation in the expression of cell-cycle proteins in human oral epitheliumG A Bjarnason
Toronto Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Centre, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Pathol 154:613-22. 1999..The finding of a circadian variation in the nuclear expression of p53 protein corresponding to late G1 is novel. This information has clinical implications regarding the timing of chemotherapy and radiotherapy...
- Circadian expression of clock genes in human oral mucosa and skin: association with specific cell-cycle phasesG A Bjarnason
Toronto Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Pathol 158:1793-801. 2001..The major peak in hPer1 expression occurs at the same time of day as the peak in G(1) phase in oral mucosa, suggesting a possible link between the circadian clock and the mammalian cell cycle...
- Rhythms in human gastrointestinal mucosa and skinGeorg A Bjarnason
Division of Medical Oncology, Toronto Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Centre, University of Toronto, Canada
Chronobiol Int 19:129-40. 2002..The data for gastrointestinal mucosa and skin are reviewed and the potential clinical implications of these results are discussed...
- Chronobiology. Implications for cancer chemotherapyG A Bjarnason
Division of Medical Oncology, Toronto-Bayview Regional Cancer Center, Ontario, Canada
Acta Oncol 34:615-24. 1995..As an example, clinical trials of circadian fluoropyrimidine delivery are reviewed. Other clinical results are presented in table form. The mechanisms pertinent to the circadian time dependence of fluoropyrimidines are discussed...
- Phase I study of 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin by continuous infusion chronotherapy and pelvic radiotherapy in patients with locally advanced or recurrent rectal cancerWendy Parulekar
Department of Medical Oncology, Kingston Regional Cancer Center, Kingston, ON, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 58:1487-95. 2004..To determine the maximal tolerated dose of chronomodulated 5-fluorouracil (5-FU) and leucovorin (LV) given concurrently with radiotherapy in patients with rectal cancer...
- Diurnal protein expression in blood revealed by high throughput mass spectrometry proteomics and implications for translational medicine and body time of dayTami A Martino
University Health Network, 4N 488 Toronto General Hospital, 585 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 293:R1430-7. 2007....