Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- Olanzapine in the treatment of low body weight and obsessive thinking in women with anorexia nervosa: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialHany Bissada
The Ottawa Hospital, 501 Smyth Rd, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1H8L6
Am J Psychiatry 165:1281-8. 2008..The objective of this trial was to assess the efficacy of olanzapine in promoting weight gain and in reducing obsessive symptoms among adult women with anorexia nervosa...
- Comparison of group climate in an eating disorders partial hospital group and a psychiatric partial hospital groupGiorgio A Tasca
Eating Disorders Program, Department of Psychology, Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, Canada
Int J Group Psychother 52:409-17. 2002..Therapists may be able to use initial heightened engagement in eating disorder groups to counteract the tendency to avoid content...
- Personality dimensions among women with an eating disorder: towards reconceptualizing DSMGiorgio A Tasca
The Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, Canada
Eur Eat Disord Rev 17:281-9. 2009....
- Psychometric properties of self-monitoring of eating disorder urges among treatment seeking women: ecological momentary assessment using a daily diary methodGiorgio A Tasca
University of Ottawa, Canada
Eat Behav 10:59-61. 2009..The psychometric properties of an ecological momentary assessment (EMA) method used to evaluate eating disorder (ED) urges were examined...
- Psychometric properties of the eating disorders inventory-2 among women seeking treatment for binge eating disorderGiorgio A Tasca
University of Ottawa, Ottawa Hospital, ON, Canada
Assessment 10:228-36. 2003..Some scales differentiated the BED from the BN sample, and the second-order factors correlated with measures of similar constructs. The original EDI scales can be used reliably for those with BED...
- Predictors of treatment acceptance and of participation in a randomized controlled trial among women with anorexia nervosaGiorgio A Tasca
Regional Centre for Eating Disorders, The Ottawa Hospital, ON, Canada
Eur Eat Disord Rev 20:155-61. 2012..This study aimed to identify predictors of acceptance of intensive treatment and of participation in a randomized controlled trial (RCT) among women with anorexia nervosa (AN)...
- Outcomes of specific interpersonal problems for binge eating disorder: comparing group psychodynamic interpersonal psychotherapy and group cognitive behavioral therapyGiorgio A Tasca
Regional Centre for Eating Disorders, The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Int J Group Psychother 62:197-218. 2012..GPIP may be most relevant for those with BED who have Cold/Distant interpersonal problems and attachment avoidance...
- Attachment insecurity predicts eating disorder symptoms and treatment outcomes in a clinical sample of womenVanessa Illing
Department of Psychology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada
J Nerv Ment Dis 198:653-9. 2010..Attachment dimensions substantially contribute to our understanding of ED symptoms and treatment outcome. Addressing attachment insecurity when treating those with EDs may improve treatment outcomes...
- An attachment insecurity model of negative affect among women seeking treatment for an eating disorderGiorgio A Tasca
University of Ottawa, Canada Ottawa Hospital, Canada
Eat Behav 7:252-7. 2006..Attachment insecurity could be a possible vulnerability factor for the development of eating disorder symptoms among women...
- Using the PAI with an eating disordered population: scale characteristics, factor structure, and differences among diagnostic groupsGiorgio A Tasca
Department of Psychology, University of Ottawa and Ottawa Hospital, Ontario, Canada
J Pers Assess 79:337-56. 2002..Use of the PAI with an eating disordered population and its utility in understanding eating disorder diagnostic groups is supported...