Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- Health promotion dissemination and systems thinking: towards an integrative modelAllan Best
Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation, Vancouver Hospital and Health Centre, Canada
Am J Health Behav 27:S206-16. 2003..To help close the gap between health promotion research and practice by using systems thinking...
- An integrative framework for community partnering to translate theory into effective health promotion strategyAllan Best
Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation, Vancouver Hospital and Health Sciences Centre, Department of Health Care and Epidemiology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Health Promot 18:168-76. 2003....
- Knowledge integration: conceptualizing communications in cancer control systemsAllan Best
Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation, 718, 828 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 1L8
Patient Educ Couns 71:319-27. 2008..The goal was to nurture common ground upon which to build a platform for translating what we know about cancer into what we do in practice and policy...
- Building knowledge integration systems for evidence-informed decisionsAllan Best
Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation, Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, Vancouver, Canada
J Health Organ Manag 23:627-41. 2009..This paper aims to describe methods and models designed to build a comprehensive, integrative framework to guide the research to policy and practice cycle in health care...
- The evolution of cancer control research: an international perspective from Canada and the United StatesAllan Best
Centre for Clinical Epidemiology and Evaluation, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V5Z 1L8 A B
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:705-12. 2003..We conclude by calling for an international forum for the systematic advancement of cancer control research, and closer ties between the cancer control communities in North America...
- Technology-enabled knowledge translation: building a framework for collaborationKendall Ho
Division of Continuing Medical Education, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver
CMAJ 168:710-1. 2003
- Complementary and alternative medicine use by Canadian patients with inflammatory bowel disease: results from a national surveyRobert J Hilsden
Department of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Am J Gastroenterol 98:1563-8. 2003..The aim of this study was to determine the prevalence of use and perceived outcomes of CAM in a large, diverse IBD population...
- Systems thinking to improve the public's healthScott J Leischow
Arizona Cancer Center, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 84724, USA
Am J Prev Med 35:S196-203. 2008..A set of recommendations for a systems-centric approach to translational science will be presented...
- Ethical dimensions in the borderland between conventional and complementary/alternative medicineSally Thorne
University of British Columbia School of Nursing, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Altern Complement Med 8:907-15. 2002..In this paper, we examine the historical context into which complementary and alternative medicine has been introduced, and consider the ethical and scientific challenges with which it confronts mainstream health systems...
- Why patients with inflammatory bowel disease use or do not use complementary and alternative medicine: a Canadian national surveyFeng X Li
Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 19:567-73. 2005..The use of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) is common in patients with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)...
- Dissecting technology-enabled knowledge translation: essential challenges, unprecedented opportunitiesKendall Ho
Division of Continuing Medical Education, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC
Clin Invest Med 27:70-8. 2004
- A national survey on the patterns of treatment of inflammatory bowel disease in CanadaRobert J Hilsden
Department of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
BMC Gastroenterol 3:10. 2003....
- Youth Tobacco Cessation Collaborative and National Blueprint for ActionC Tracy Orleans
Epidemiology Branch, Office on Smoking and Health, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Health Behav 27:S103-19. 2003..To describe the formation of the Youth Tobacco Cessation Collaborative (YTCC), a voluntary collaborative of leading funders of youth tobacco cessation research and services...
- Complementary therapy use in HIV/AIDSAndrea Mulkins
Tzu Chi Institute for Complementary and Alternative Medicine, Vancouver, BC
Can J Public Health 93:308-12. 2002..To examine the social psychological aspects of complementary therapy use in HIV/AIDS health care and to identify what happens in a person's illness management process when incorporated into their care for HIV-related symptoms...