Affiliation: University of Manitoba
- Aldo Leopold's land health from a resilience point of view: self-renewal capacity of social-ecological systemsFikret Berkes
Natural Resources Institute, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Ecohealth 9:278-87. 2012..In contemporary language, this involves the maintenance of biodiversity and ecosystem services, and the ability to exercise agency both for conservation and for environmental justice...
- Evolution of co-management: role of knowledge generation, bridging organizations and social learningFikret Berkes
Natural Resources Institute, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
J Environ Manage 90:1692-702. 2009....
- Community-based conservation in a globalized worldFikret Berkes
Natural Resources Institute, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3T 2N2
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:15188-93. 2007....
- Ecology. Globalization, roving bandits, and marine resourcesF Berkes
Natural Resources Institute, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2N2, Canada
Science 311:1557-8. 2006
- Building co-management as a process: problem solving through partnerships in Aboriginal country, AustraliaMelanie Zurba
Natural Resources Institute, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Environ Manage 49:1130-42. 2012..This approach includes learning-by-doing, the building of respect and rapport, sorting out responsibilities, practical engagement, and capacity-building...
- Politics of co-optation: community forest management versus Joint Forest Management in Orissa, IndiaPrateep K Nayak
Natural Resources Institute, University of Manitoba, 70 Dysart Road, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Environ Manage 41:707-18. 2008....
- Co-management: concepts and methodological implicationsLars Carlsson
Division of Social Sciences, Lulea University of Technology, S 971 87 Lulea, Sweden
J Environ Manage 75:65-76. 2005....
- The dynamics of ecosystems, biodiversity management and social institutions at high northern latitudesThomas Elmqvist
Department of Systems Ecology, Stockholm University, Sweden
Ambio 33:350-5. 2004....
- Building resilience and adaptation to manage Arctic changeF Stuart Chapin
Institute of Arctic Biology, University of Alaska, Fairbanks 99775, USA
Ambio 35:198-202. 2006....
- Adaptive management of the Great Barrier Reef and the Grand Canyon world heritage areasTerence P Hughes
Australian Research Council, Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies, James Cook University, Townsville, Australia
Ambio 36:586-92. 2007....
- Adaptive comanagement for building resilience in social-ecological systemsPer Olsson
Department of Systems Ecology and Centre for Transdisciplinary Environmental Research, Stockholm University, SE 106 91 Stockholm, Sweden
Environ Manage 34:75-90. 2004....