Affiliation: University of Calgary
- A model of childhood perceived peer harassment: analyses of the Canadian National Longitudinal Survey of Children and Youth DataTanya N Beran
Division of Applied Psychology, Faculty of Education, University of Calgary, 2500 University Drive NW, Calgary, AB, Canada T2N 1N4
J Psychol 138:129-47. 2004..Their parents reported using high levels of control and low levels of warmth with their children and reported high levels of depression and marital conflict themselves. These results are discussed from a social-cognitive perspective...
- Humanoid robotics in health care: An exploration of children's and parents' emotional reactionsTanya N Beran
University of Calgary, Canada
J Health Psychol 20:984-9. 2015..We conclude that children and their parents respond positively to a humanoid robot at the bedside. ..
- Accuracy of portrayal by standardized patients: results from four OSCE stations conducted for high stakes examinationsLubna A Baig
Institute of Public Health Jinnah Sindh Medical University Karachi, Karachi, Pakistan
BMC Med Educ 14:97. 2014..The impact of SPs on the reliability has not been well studied. Accordingly, the main purpose of the present study was to assess the accuracy of portrayal by standardized patients...
- Conformity of behaviors among medical students: impact on performance of knee arthrocentesis in simulationTanya N Beran
Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Dr N W, Calgary, AB, T2N 4N1, Canada
Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 18:589-96. 2013..It suggests that further research on the impact of conformity in medical education is warranted...
- Simulation-based learning combined with debriefing: trainers satisfaction with a new approach to training the trainers to teach neonatal resuscitationHarish J Amin
Department of Pediatrics, University of Calgary, C4 615, Alberta Children s Hospital, 2888 Shaganappi Trail NW, Calgary, Alberta T3B 6A8, Canada
BMC Res Notes 6:251. 2013..This study determines the degree to which experienced NRP instructors or instructor trainers perceived simulation in combination with debriefing to be effective in preparing them to teach simulation to other health care professionals...
- Reducing children's pain and distress towards flu vaccinations: a novel and effective application of humanoid roboticsTanya N Beran
Community Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Vaccine 31:2772-7. 2013..We hypothesized that these children would experience less pain and distress than children who did not have this interaction...
- Development of the bullying and health experiences scaleTanya Beran
University of Calgary, Department of Community Health Sciences, Calgary, AB, Canada
Interact J Med Res 1:e13. 2012..Although accumulating research suggests that bullying has multiple negative effects for children who are targeted, these effects excluded cyberbullying from the definition of bullying...
- Ego identity development in physicians: a cross-cultural comparison using a mixed method approachTanya N Beran
Medical Education and Research Unit, University of Calgary, Faculty of Medicine, 3330 Hospital Dr, N, W, Calgary, AB, Canada
BMC Res Notes 5:249. 2012..Given that their motivations for becoming a doctor in Canada may differ, it is important to examine how they decided to become a doctor for each group separately...
- A review of student evaluation of teaching: applications to veterinary medical educationTanya N Beran
Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
J Vet Med Educ 39:71-8. 2012....
- Demographic, knowledge, attitudinal, and accessibility factors associated with uptake of cervical cancer screening among women in a rural district of Tanzania: three public policy implicationsFrida S Lyimo
Weill Bugando University College of Health Sciences, Mwanza, Tanzania
BMC Public Health 12:22. 2012..The aim of the study was to identify the most important factors related to the uptake of cervical cancer screening among women in a rural district of Tanzania...
- Structural equation modeling in medical research: a primerTanya N Beran
Medical Education and Research Unit Faculty of Medicine University of Calgary 3330 Hospital Dr, N, W, Calgary, AB T2N 4N1, Canada
BMC Res Notes 3:267. 2010..The purpose of the present paper is to explicate SEM to medical and health sciences researchers and exemplify their application...
- Stability of harassment in children: analysis of the Canadian National Longitudinal Survey of Children and Youth dataTanya Beran
University of Calgary, 2500 University Dr NW, Calgary, Alberta T2N 1N4, Canada
J Psychol 142:131-46. 2008..The author concludes that some children may be resilient, whereas others are vulnerable to ongoing bullying and harassment from their peers...
- Leadership competencies for medical education and healthcare professions: population-based studyFadil Citaku
Faculty of Medicine, Medical Education and Research Unit, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
BMJ Open 2:e000812. 2012..To identify and empirically investigate the dimensions of leadership in medical education and healthcare professions...
- Comparing the use of global rating scale with checklists for the assessment of central venous catheterization skills using simulationIrene W Y Ma
Department of Medicine, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, AB T2N 4N1, Canada
Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 17:457-70. 2012..In conclusion, the practice of universal adoption of checklists as the preferred method of assessment of procedural skills should be questioned. The inclusion of global rating scales should be considered...
- Student and teaching characteristics related to ratings of instruction in medical sciences graduate programsTyrone Donnon
University of Calgary, Calgary, AB T2N 4N1, Canada
Med Teach 32:327-32. 2010..Although the validity of students' ratings of instruction has been documented, several student and course characteristics may be related to the ratings students give their instructors...