B W Benson
Affiliation: University of Calgary
- What are the most effective risk-reduction strategies in sport concussion?Brian W Benson
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Faculty of Medicine, and Sport Medicine Centre, Faculty of Kinesiology, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Br J Sports Med 47:321-6. 2013..To critically review the evidence to determine the efficacy and effectiveness of protective equipment, rule changes, neck strength and legislation in reducing sport concussion risk...
- Is protective equipment useful in preventing concussion? A systematic review of the literatureB W Benson
Sport Medicine Centre, Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Calgary, 2500 University Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Br J Sports Med 43:i56-67. 2009..To determine if there is evidence that equipment use reduces sport concussion risk and/or severity...
- A prospective study of concussions among National Hockey League players during regular season games: the NHL-NHLPA Concussion ProgramBrian W Benson
Sport Medicine Centre, Faculty of Kinesiology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alta
CMAJ 183:905-11. 2011....
- The impact of face shield use on concussions in ice hockey: a multivariate analysisB W Benson
Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Br J Sports Med 36:27-32. 2002..To identify specific risk factors for concussion severity among ice hockey players wearing full face shields compared with half face shields (visors)...
- Sport concussion assessment tool: baseline values for varsity collision sport athletesN Shehata
University of Calgary Sport Medicine Centre, 2500 University Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta T2N 1N4, Canada
Br J Sports Med 43:730-4. 2009..To determine baseline symptom and neurocognitive norms for non-concussed and previously concussed varsity athletes using the sport concussion assessment tool (SCAT)...