Mark R Beauchamp
Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- Experiential versus genetic accounts of inactivity: implications for inactive individuals' self-efficacy beliefs and intentions to exerciseMark R Beauchamp
School of Human Kinetics, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Behav Med 37:8-14. 2011..These findings raise a cautionary flag concerning the presentation of genetic research in the media, especially with regard to inactive populations...
- First impressions count: perceptions of surface-level and deep-level similarity within postnatal exercise classes and implications for program adherenceMark Beauchamp
The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Health Psychol 17:68-76. 2012..The results of this study suggest that perceptual similarity may have noteworthy implications for mothers' involvement within postnatal physical activity classes...
- Transformational and transactional leadership and exercise-related self-efficacy: an exploratory studyMark R Beauchamp
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Health Psychol 12:83-8. 2007..For experienced exercisers, none of the leadership behaviors assessed in this study were associated with participant self-efficacy...
- Older adults' preferences for exercising alone versus in groups: considering contextual congruenceMark R Beauchamp
School of Human Kinetics, University of British Columbia, Canada
Ann Behav Med 33:200-6. 2007..One limitation of these studies, however, has been that researchers have failed to take into account the age-related characteristics of groups when asking adults about their preferences for exercise settings...
- Testing the effects of an expectancy-based intervention among adolescents: Can placebos be used to enhance physical health?Mark R Beauchamp
School of Human Kinetics, University of British Columbia, BC, Canada
Psychol Health Med 16:405-17. 2011....
- Development and psychometric properties of the transformational teaching questionnaireMark R Beauchamp
School of Human Kinetics, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Health Psychol 15:1123-34. 2010..In Phase 3, concurrent validity of the TTQ was supported by positive relationships between transformational teaching and adolescent self-determined motivation and positive affect...
- Transformational teaching and physical activity engagement among adolescentsMark R Beauchamp
School of Human Kinetics, The University of British Columbia, Canada
Exerc Sport Sci Rev 39:133-9. 2011..A conceptual framework is proposed that includes salient intrapersonal mediators (psychological mechanisms) and boundary conditions (moderators)...
- The application of transformational leadership theory to parenting: questionnaire development and implications for adolescent self-regulatory efficacy and life satisfactionKatie L Morton
School of Kinesiology, University of British Columbia, Canada
J Sport Exerc Psychol 33:688-709. 2011..The results of this research support the application of transformational leadership theory to parenting behaviors, as well as the construct validity of measures derived from the TPQ...
- The relationship between intra-group age similarity and exercise adherenceWilliam L Dunlop
Department of Psychology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Prev Med 42:53-5. 2012..This relationship, however, remains largely unexplored within applied health settings...
- En-gendering choice: preferences for exercising in gender-segregated and gender-integrated groups and consideration of overweight statusWilliam L Dunlop
Department of Psychology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6T 1Z1
Int J Behav Med 18:216-20. 2011....
- Examining the influence of other-efficacy and self-efficacy on personal performanceWilliam L Dunlop
Department of Psychology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Sport Exerc Psychol 33:586-93. 2011..The results of this study suggest that other-efficacy may supersede the effects of self-efficacy in supporting personal performance within cooperative relational contexts...
- Exercise preferences and environmental contexts: a response to King and WilcoxMark R Beauchamp
Ann Behav Med 35:370-2. 2008
- Relational efficacy beliefs in athlete dyads: an investigation using actor-partner interdependence modelsBen Jackson
Centre for Sport and Exercise Sciences, University of Leeds, UK
J Sport Exerc Psychol 29:170-89. 2007..Implications for the future study of efficacy beliefs within dyadic contexts are discussed...
- Pre-competition imagery, self-efficacy and performance in collegiate golfersMark R Beauchamp
School of Sport and Exercise Sciences, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham B15 2TT, UK
J Sports Sci 20:697-705. 2002..The results are discussed in relation to athletes' pre-competition preparation and intervention...