T L Beattie
Affiliation: University of Calgary
- Human Ku70/80 interacts directly with hTR, the RNA component of human telomeraseNicholas S Y Ting
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Cancer Biology Research Group, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive N W, Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2N 4N1
Nucleic Acids Res 33:2090-8. 2005....
- The human telomerase RNA component, hTR, activates the DNA-dependent protein kinase to phosphorylate heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A1Nicholas S Y Ting
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology and Department of Oncology, Southern Alberta Cancer Research Institute, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive N W Calgary, AB T2N 4N1, Canada
Nucleic Acids Res 37:6105-15. 2009..These data are the first to report that hTR stimulates the kinase activity of DNA-PK toward a known telomere-associated protein, and may provide further insights into the function of DNA-PK at telomeres...
- Human telomerase reverse transcriptase (hTERT) Q169 is essential for telomerase function in vitro and in vivoHaley D M Wyatt
Southern Alberta Cancer Research Institute and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
PLoS ONE 4:e7176. 2009..A conserved glutamine residue in the TERT N-terminus is important for anchor site interactions in lower eukaryotes. The significance of this residue in higher eukaryotes, however, has not been investigated...
- Functional multimerization of the human telomerase reverse transcriptaseT L Beattie
Ontario Cancer Institute Amgen Institute, Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 21:6151-60. 2001..These data suggest that the catalytic core of human telomerase may exist as a functionally cooperative dimer or multimer in vivo...
- Reconstitution of human telomerase activity in vitroT L Beattie
Ontario Cancer Institute Amgen Institute, Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, 620 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 2C1, Canada
Curr Biol 8:177-80. 1998..Substitution of conserved amino acid residues in the reverse transcriptase domain of TP2 completely abolished telomerase activity. We suggest that TP2 and hTR might represent the minimal catalytic core of human telomerase...
- Polymerization defects within human telomerase are distinct from telomerase RNA and TEP1 bindingT L Beattie
Ontario Cancer Institute Amgen Institute, Department of Medical Biophysics, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C1 Canada
Mol Biol Cell 11:3329-40. 2000..These results establish that the human telomerase RT possesses unique polymerization determinants that distinguish it from other RTs...