Alan D Baxter
Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- Adherence to simple and effective measures reduces the incidence of ventilator-associated pneumoniaAlan D Baxter
Department of Critical Care, The Ottawa Hospital, General Campus, 501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8L6, Canada
Can J Anaesth 52:535-41. 2005..We introduced an intensive care unit protocol and measured its effect on ventilator-associated pneumonia...
- The aging anesthesiologist: a narrative review and suggested strategiesAlan D Baxter
The Department of Anesthesiology, Faculty of Medicine, Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, The Ottawa Hospital, University of Ottawa, General Campus, 501 Smyth Rd, Critical Care Wing 1401, Ottawa, ON, K1H 8L6, Canada
Can J Anaesth 61:865-75. 2014....
- Using Medical Emergency Teams to detect preventable adverse eventsAkshai Iyengar
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, 451 Smyth Road, Ottawa, ON, K1H 8M5, Canada
Crit Care 13:R126. 2009..We describe how we used MET calls to systematically identify preventable adverse events in an academic tertiary care hospital, and describe our surveillance results...
- Protocol implementation in anesthesia: beta-blockade in non-cardiac surgery patientsAlan D Baxter
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, The Ottawa Hospital, General Campus, 501 Smyth Rd, Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8L6, Canada
Can J Anaesth 54:114-23. 2007..We report a retrospective assessment of the efficiency of program implementation...
- Medical emergency teams at The Ottawa Hospital: the first two yearsAlan D Baxter
Department of Anesthesia, The Ottawa Hospital, General Campus, 501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8L6, Canada
Can J Anaesth 55:223-31. 2008..Medical emergency teams (MET) merge earlier-than-conventional treatment of worrisome vital signs with a skilled resuscitation response team, and may possibly reduce cardiac arrests, postoperative complications, and hospital mortality...
- Critical care outreach comes to CanadaAlan D Baxter
Department of Anesthesia and Critical Care, The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Ont
CMAJ 174:613-5. 2006
- Rapid response systems--the real merit of MERIT?Alan D Baxter
Crit Care Med 36:655-6. 2008