Affiliation: University of Waterloo
- Mechanisms of ocular toxicity using the in vitro bovine lens and sodium dodecyl sulfate as a chemical modelVladimir Bantseev
School of Optometry and Department of Biology, University of Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 3G1 Canada
Toxicol Sci 73:98-107. 2003..The results further suggest that recovery of lens metabolic function is necessary for the recovery of lens optical properties...
- Laser scanning analysis of cold cataract in young and old bovine lensesAlice Banh
School of Optometry, University of Waterloo, Waterloo Ontario, Canada
Mol Vis 10:144-7. 2004..This research involves the use of a laser scanning instrument to evaluate the formation of cold cataracts in young and older bovine lenses...
- The role of Hsp70 and Hsp90 in TGF-beta-induced epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in rat lens epithelial explantsAlice Banh
School of Optometry, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, Canada
Mol Vis 13:2248-62. 2007..This study investigates the effects of heat shock treatment and the role of Hsp70 and Hsp90 on tranforming growth factor beta 2 (TGF-beta2)-induced epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition (EMT) in rat lens epithelial explants...
- Lens-specific expression of TGF-beta induces anterior subcapsular cataract formation in the absence of Smad3Alice Banh
School of Optometry, University of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:3450-60. 2006..In this study, the role of Smad3 in anterior subcapsular cataract (ASC) formation was investigated in a transgenic TGF-beta/Smad3 knockout mouse model...
- Hsp70 in bovine lenses during temperature stressAlice Banh
School of Optometry, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Mol Vis 9:323-8. 2003..To determine the effects of heat shock treatment on cold cataract formation in bovine lenses...
- The lens of the eye as a focusing device and its response to stressAlice Banh
School of Optometry, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1
Prog Retin Eye Res 25:189-206. 2006..Finally, lens accommodative function can be studied by measuring lens refractive change using a physiological model involving an intact accommodative apparatus...
- Matrix metalloproteinase inhibitors suppress transforming growth factor-beta-induced subcapsular cataract formationDhruva J Dwivedi
Department of Pathology and Molecular Medicine, McMaster University, HSC 1R10, Hamilton, ON, Canada L8N3Z5
Am J Pathol 168:69-79. 2006..Together, these findings demonstrate that TGFbeta-induced E-cadherin shedding in the lens is mediated by MMPs and that suppression of this phenomenon might explain the mechanism by which MMPIs inhibit ASC plaque formation...