Geoff Dc Ball
Affiliation: University of Alberta
- The CANadian Pediatric Weight management Registry (CANPWR): Study protocolKatherine M Morrison
Department of Pediatrics, McMaster Children s Hospital, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
BMC Pediatr 14:161. 2014..Characterize the individual-, family-, and program-level determinants of change in anthropometric and obesity-related co-morbidities; 3. Examine the individual-, family-, and program-level determinants of program attrition...
- Characterizing severe obesity in children and youth referred for weight managementHebah A Salawi
Department of Pediatrics, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB T5K0L4, Canada
BMC Pediatr 14:154. 2014..The objective of our study was to examine differences in demographic, anthropometric, cardiometabolic, and lifestyle variables in children and youth with SO versus their less overweight/obese (OW/OB) peers...
- Predictors of metabolically healthy obesity in childrenRhiannon L Prince
Corresponding author Geoff D C Ball
Diabetes Care 37:1462-8. 2014..To determine the prevalence of metabolically healthy obesity (MHO) in children and examine the demographic, adiposity, and lifestyle predictors of MHO status...
- Should I stay or should I go? Understanding families' decisions regarding initiating, continuing, and terminating health services for managing pediatric obesity: the protocol for a multi-center, qualitative studyGeoff D C Ball
Pediatric Centre for Weight and Health, Edmonton General Continuing Care Centre, Edmonton, AB, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 12:486. 2012..This research aims to understand the interplay between individual, family, environmental, and systemic factors that influence families' decisions regarding the management of pediatric obesity...
- Parents as agents of change (PAC) in pediatric weight management: the protocol for the PAC randomized clinical trialGeoff D C Ball
8B, Pediatric Centre for Weight and Health, Edmonton General Continuing Care Centre, 11111 Jasper Ave, Edmonton, AB, Canada, T5K0L4
BMC Pediatr 12:114. 2012....
- Referrals for pediatric weight management: the importance of proximityKathryn A Ambler
Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 10:302. 2010..Our objectives were to describe the characteristics of clients referred to a pediatric weight management centre and explore potential differences according to proximity...