N H Badner
Affiliation: University of Western Ontario
- Patient attitudes regarding pca and associated costsN H Badner
Department of Anaesthesia, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Can J Anaesth 44:255-8. 1997..To determine patients' knowledge and attitudes towards patient-controlled analgesia (PCA) costs through the use of our acute pain service quality assurance (QA) programme...
- Anaesthesia preadmission assessment: a new approach through use of a screening questionnaireN H Badner
Department of Anaesthesia, University Campus, London Health Sciences Centre, Ontario, Canada
Can J Anaesth 45:87-92. 1998..We have devised a new approach that utilises a preoperative screening questionnaire, and this study attempted to determine the effectiveness of this technique...
- Myocardial infarction after noncardiac surgeryN H Badner
Department of Anesthesia, University Campus London Health Sciences Centre, Ontario, Canada
Anesthesiology 88:572-8. 1998..In this study, the authors intensively monitored isoenzyme and electric activity of the heart for the first 7 days after noncardiac surgery in a large group of patients at risk for postoperative myocardial infarction (PMI)...
- The use of intraoperative nitrous oxide leads to postoperative increases in plasma homocysteineN H Badner
Department of Anesthesiology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Anesth Analg 87:711-3. 1998..0031). We conclude that the use of intraoperative nitrous oxide leads to significant increases in perioperative plasma homocysteine concentrations...
- Nitrous oxide-induced increased homocysteine concentrations are associated with increased postoperative myocardial ischemia in patients undergoing carotid endarterectomyN H Badner
Departments of Anesthesiology and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Anesth Analg 91:1073-9. 2000..Implications: Use of nitrous oxide during carotid artery surgery induces increases in postoperative plasma homocysteine concentration and is associated with increases in postoperative myocardial ischemia...
- Preoperative oral B vitamins prevent nitrous oxide-induced postoperative plasma homocysteine increasesN H Badner
Department of Anesthesiology, Clinical Pharmacology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Anesth Analg 93:1507-10, table of contents. 2001..1% +/- 11% (P = 0.035). This was maintained throughout the 5-day study period. The use of an oral B vitamin complex prevented the increase in postoperative tHcy by nitrous oxide...
- Epidural analgesia reduces postoperative myocardial infarction: a meta-analysisW S Beattie
Department of Anesthesia, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Anesth Analg 93:853-8. 2001..3%; 95% CI, -3.8%, 1.2%, P = 0.091). Subgroup analysis of postoperative thoracic epidural analgesia showed a significant reduction in PMI in the Epidural group (rate difference, -5.3%; 95% CI, -9.9%, -0.7%; P = 0.04)...