Fred Y Aoki
Affiliation: University of Manitoba
- Oseltamivir: a clinical and pharmacological perspectiveK E Doucette
Section of Infectious Diseases, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Expert Opin Pharmacother 2:1671-83. 2001....
- The continuing evolution of antiviral therapy for recurrent genital herpes: 1-day patient-initiated treatment with famciclovirFred Y Aoki
University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Herpes 14:62-5. 2007..This paper reviews the progressive convergence of these concepts to an efficacious, well-tolerated, 1-day, patient-initiated regimen for treating episodes of recurrent genital herpes...
- Single-day, patient-initiated famciclovir therapy for recurrent genital herpes: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialFred Y Aoki
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Clin Infect Dis 42:8-13. 2006..This study was conducted to assess the efficacy and safety of a patient-initiated, single-day regimen of famciclovir therapy, compared with placebo, in immunocompetent adult patients with recurrent genital herpes...
- Early administration of oral oseltamivir increases the benefits of influenza treatmentF Y Aoki
University of Manitoba, Room 510 730 William Avenue, Winnipeg, Canada
J Antimicrob Chemother 51:123-9. 2003..Thus, early presentation, diagnosis and treatment of patients with influenza maximized the benefits of oseltamivir therapy...
- Oseltamivir, an influenza neuraminidase inhibitor drug, does not affect the steady-state pharmacokinetic characteristics of cyclosporine, mycophenolate, or tacrolimus in adult renal transplant patientsHerman Lam
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Ther Drug Monit 33:699-704. 2011..This study was conducted to determine whether adverse symptoms and acute drug interactions occur during their coadministration...
- Hospitalizations and deaths due to respiratory illnesses during influenza seasons: a comparison of community residents, senior housing residents, and nursing home residentsVerena H Menec
Department of Community Health Sciences and Manitoba Centre for Health Policy, The University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 57:M629-35. 2002....
- The impact of influenza-associated respiratory illnesses on hospitalizations, physician visits, emergency room visits, and mortalityVerena H Menec
University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Department of Community Health Sciences
Can J Public Health 94:59-63. 2003..Their impact on mortality was also examined...
- Influenza virus susceptibility and resistance to oseltamivirFred Y Aoki
Department of Medical Microbiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Antivir Ther 12:603-16. 2007..However, continued vigilance, especially of emerging avian H5N1 strains, combined with careful, systematic laboratory-based monitoring, is essential...
- Famciclovir for the treatment of recurrent genital herpes: a clinical and pharmacological perspectiveDonald C Vinh
University of Manitoba, Infectious Diseases and Medical Microbiology, Section of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Department of Medical Microbiology, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3E 0W3, Canada
Expert Opin Pharmacother 7:2271-86. 2006..These results have been demonstrated in various patient populations, including immunocompetent patients and those infected with HIV. Famciclovir is well tolerated, with an adverse events profile similar to placebo...
- Acyclovir bioavailability in patients with acute myelogenous leukemia treated with daunorubicin and cytarabineDaniel S Sitar
Section of Clinical PharmacologyDepartment of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Manitoba, A220-753 McDermot Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 0T6
J Clin Pharmacol 48:995-8. 2008
- Glycoprotein-D-adjuvant vaccine to prevent genital herpesLawrence R Stanberry
Department of Pediatrics and Sealy Center for Vaccine Development, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555 0351, USA
N Engl J Med 347:1652-61. 2002..An effective prophylactic vaccine would help control the spread of genital herpes...
- Comparative efficacy of famciclovir and valacyclovir for suppression of recurrent genital herpes and viral sheddingAnna Wald
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine and School of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98122, USA
Sex Transm Dis 33:529-33. 2006..However, few comparative studies between the 2 antivirals have been performed...
- Clinic-initiated, twice-daily oral famciclovir for treatment of recurrent genital herpes: a randomized, double-blind, controlled trialStephen L Sacks
Department of Pharmacology and Therapeutics, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Infect Dis 41:1097-104. 2005..These results support the use of treatment with famciclovir at a dosage of 125 mg for 5 days as an effective, well-tolerated treatment for episodes of recurrent genital herpes...
- Short-course therapy for recurrent genital herpes and herpes labialisSpotswood Spruance
Division of Infectious Diseases, University of Utah School of Medicine, Room 4B319, 30 North 1900 East, Salt Lake City, UT 84132-2405, USA
J Fam Pract 56:30-6. 2007
- Safety and immunogenicity of glycoprotein D-adjuvant genital herpes vaccineDavid I Bernstein
Cincinnati Children s Hospital Medical Center, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Clin Infect Dis 40:1271-81. 2005....