Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- Skeletal muscle mitochondrial energetics in obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus: endocrine aspectsCeline Aguer
Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, 451 Smyth Rd, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1H 8M5
Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 26:805-19. 2012..Future research should focus on development of agents that improve metabolic dysfunction downstream of hormone receptors...
- Intrinsic aerobic capacity correlates with greater inherent mitochondrial oxidative and H2O2 emission capacities without major shifts in myosin heavy chain isoformErin L Seifert
Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology, and Immunology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Appl Physiol (1985) 113:1624-34. 2012..Greater capacity of HCR muscle for work and H(2)O(2) signaling may result in enhanced and more immediate cellular repair, possibly explaining lowered disease risks...
- Acylcarnitines: potential implications for skeletal muscle insulin resistanceCeline Aguer
Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
FASEB J 29:336-45. 2015....
- Increased proton leak and SOD2 expression in myotubes from obese non-diabetic subjects with a family history of type 2 diabetesCeline Aguer
Department of Biochemistry, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON K1H 8M5, Canada
Biochim Biophys Acta 1832:1624-33. 2013..The increased antioxidant defenses and mtDNA content in FH+ myotubes suggest the existence of compensatory mechanisms, which may provisionally prevent the development of insulin resistance. ..
- Muscle uncoupling protein 3 overexpression mimics endurance training and reduces circulating biomarkers of incomplete β-oxidationCeline Aguer
2M E H, Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Ottawa, 451 Smyth Rd, Ottawa, ON K1H 8M5, Canada
FASEB J 27:4213-25. 2013....
- Calorie restriction in mice overexpressing UCP3: evidence that prior mitochondrial uncoupling alters responseCarmen Estey
Dept Biochem Microbiol Immunol, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, ON, Canada K1H 8M5
Exp Gerontol 47:361-71. 2012..Overall, our study raises the question of whether CR can consistently modify skeletal muscle mitochondria; alterations with CR may only be apparent under certain conditions such as during the 2 wk CR intervention in the UCP3Tg mice...