- The complete mitochondrial DNA sequences of Nephroselmis olivacea and Pedinomonas minor. Two radically different evolutionary patterns within green algaeM Turmel
Program in Evolutionary Biology, Canadian Institute for Advanced Research, Quebec, Quebec G1K 7P4, Canada
Plant Cell 11:1717-30. 1999..Our results confirm the existence of two radically different patterns of mitochondrial genome evolution within the green algae...
- An ancestral mitochondrial DNA resembling a eubacterial genome in miniatureB F Lang
Departement de Biochimie, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Nature 387:493-7. 1997..americana mtDNA more closely resembles the ancestral proto-mitochondrial genome than any other mtDNA investigated to date...
- Evolutionarily conserved and functionally important residues in the I-CeuI homing endonucleaseM Turmel
Program in Evolutionary Biology, Canadian Institute for Advanced Research, Departement de Biochimie, Faculte des sciences et de genie, Universite Laval, Quebec, Quebec G1K 7P4, Canada
Nucleic Acids Res 25:2610-9. 1997..Our results not only confirm recent reports indicating that amino acids in the LAGLI-DADG dodecapeptide are functionally critical, but they also suggest that some residues outside this motif directly participate in catalysis...
- Genome structure and gene content in protist mitochondrial DNAsM W Gray
Program in Evolutionary Biology, Canadian Institute for Advanced Research, Department of Biochemistry, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 4H7, Canada
Nucleic Acids Res 26:865-78. 1998..Comparative analysis of protist mtDNAs is providing a new perspective on mtDNA evolution: how the original mitochondrial genome was organized, what genes it contained, and in what ways it must have changed in different eukaryotic phyla...
- The complete chloroplast DNA sequence of the green alga Nephroselmis olivacea: insights into the architecture of ancestral chloroplast genomesM Turmel
Canadian Institute for Advanced Research, Program in Evolutionary Biology and Département de Biochimie, Universite Laval, Quebec, QC, G1K 7P4, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:10248-53. 1999..Our phylogenetic data also offer insight into the chlorophyte ancestor of euglenophyte chloroplasts...
- Ancestral chloroplast genome in Mesostigma viride reveals an early branch of green plant evolutionC Lemieux
Departement de Biochimie et de Microbiologie, Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada
Nature 403:649-52. 2000..The structure and gene organization of this genome indicate that chloroplast DNA architecture has been extremely well conserved in the line leading to land plants...