- Evaluation of a real-time virtual intervention to empower persons living with HIV to use therapy self-management: study protocol for an online randomized controlled trialJosé Côté
Research Chair in Innovative Nursing Practices, Research Centre of the Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Trials 13:187. 2012..An online randomized controlled trial (RCT) will be conducted to evaluate the efficacy of this intervention primarily in optimizing adherence to combination anti-retroviral therapy (ART) among PLHIV...
- Mutations in variable domains of the HIV-1 envelope gene can have a significant impact on maraviroc and vicriviroc resistanceOdalis Asin-Milan
Centre de Recherche, Centre hospitalier de l Université de Montréal CRCHUM, Montreal, QC, Canada
AIDS Res Ther 10:15. 2013..In this work, we investigated how mutations in variable regions of the viral envelope protein gp120 can contribute to CCR5 inhibitor resistance...
- Transmission of HIV-1 drug resistance in Benin could jeopardise future treatment optionsAnnie Chamberland
Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, 3840, Rue st urbain, Bureau 7 355, Montreal, QC, Canada H2W 1T8
Sex Transm Infect 88:179-83. 2012..In this study, the authors evaluated the rate of primary resistance mutations and the epidemiological link between isolates from GP and CSW from Bénin...
- T cell Activation does not drive CD4 decline in longitudinally followed HIV-infected Elite ControllersPhilomena Kamya
Research Institute of the McGill University Health Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
AIDS Res Ther 8:20. 2011..abstract:..
- Favorable interactions between enfuvirtide and 1-beta-D-2,6-diaminopurine dioxolane in vitroCecile L Tremblay
Massachusetts General Hospital, Infectious Diseases Unit, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:3644-6. 2003..53 to 1.06 at 95% inhibitory concentrations. These studies suggest that a combination of T-20 and DAPD might be useful in the treatment of antiretroviral drug-experienced patients...
- Effects of HIV-1 entry inhibitors in combinationCecile Tremblay
Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Hopital Hotel Dieu, Pavillon Jeanne Mance, Bureau 7 355, 3840, Rue st urbain, Montreal, Qc H2W 1 T8, Canada
Curr Pharm Des 10:1861-5. 2004..In the following chapter, we will review some concepts of mechanisms that may affect these interactions...
- Treatment durability, effectiveness, and safety with atazanavir/ritonavir-based HAART regimen in treatment-naïve HIV-infected patientsC Tremblay
Centre de recherche du Centre hospitalier de I Université de Montréal, Quebec, Canada
HIV Clin Trials 12:151-60. 2011..To describe the durability of treatment, virological and immunological response, and safety of an atazanavir/ritonavir (ATV/RTV)-based highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) regimen in treatment-naïve HIV-infected patients...
- Immunogenicity and tolerability of an inactivated and adjuvanted pandemic H1N1 influenza vaccine, in HIV-1-infected patientsCecile L Tremblay
Centre de recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Montreal, QC, Canada
Vaccine 29:1359-63. 2011..There was no correlation between baseline CD4 cell count (p=0.539) or HIV viral load (p=0.381) and immune response. Other vaccine strategies should be evaluated in this HIV population, to improve response rates...
- Episomal and integrated human papillomavirus type 16 loads and anal intraepithelial neoplasia in HIV-seropositive menJennifer Alvarez
Départements de Microbiologie et Infectiologie, Pathologie, et Laboratoire de Virologie Moléculaire, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
AIDS 24:2355-63. 2010....
- Transmission clustering drives the onward spread of the HIV epidemic among men who have sex with men in QuebecBluma G Brenner
McGill University AIDS Centre, Lady Davis Institute, Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec
J Infect Dis 204:1115-9. 2011..5 months) correlated with cluster membership size (r(2) = 0.174, F = 4.424, P = .047). PHI cohort data revealed variations in social networks and risk behaviors among the 3 groups, suggesting the need for tailored prevention measures...
- Persistent human immunodeficiency virus-1 antigenaemia affects the expression of interleukin-7Ralpha on central and effector memory CD4+ and CD8+ T cell subsetsF Mercier
Immunodeficiency Service, Montreal Chest Institute, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Clin Exp Immunol 152:72-80. 2008..Collectively, these results provide further insight on the role of unsuppressed viral load in disrupting the IL-7/IL-7Ralpha system and contributing to HIV-1 disease progression...
- Impact of a modified directly administered antiretroviral treatment intervention on virological outcome in HIV-infected patients treated in Burkina Faso and MaliC M Pirkle
Unité de santé internationale, Centre de recherche du Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
HIV Med 10:152-6. 2009..It was hypothesized that high plasma viral loads (pVLs) (>/=500 HIV-1 RNA copies/mL) were the result of poor antiretroviral therapy adherence and amenable to improvement with adherence assistance...
- Transmission networks of drug resistance acquired in primary/early stage HIV infectionBluma G Brenner
McGill University AIDS Centre, Jewish General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
AIDS 22:2509-15. 2008..In Quebec, half of PHIs represent clustered transmission events. This study ascertained the cumulative implications of clustering on onward transmission of drug resistance...
- High level of primary drug resistance in MaliA Haidara
Departement de Microbiologie et Immunologie, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
HIV Med 11:404-11. 2010..As access to antiretroviral drugs increases in developing countries, it will become increasingly important to monitor the emergence of resistance and to define the molecular pathways involved to identify optimal therapeutic regimens...
- Leukotrienes and isocyanate-induced asthma: a pilot studyC Lemiere
Department of Chest Medicine, Hôpital du Sacré Coeur, Montreal, University of Montreal, QC, Canada
Clin Exp Allergy 34:1684-9. 2004..The role of leukotrienes (LTs) in the pathophysiology of isocyanate-induced asthma is not well known...
- Synovial sarcoma in an Ayrshire heiferC Tremblay
Departement de Pathologie et Microbiologie, Faculte de Medecine Veterinaire, Universite de Montreal, St Hyacinthe, Quebec, Canada
Vet Pathol 37:357-9. 2000..This synovial sarcoma has histologic and ultrastructural features characteristic of the poorly differentiated subtype of synovial sarcoma in the human classification system...
- Evolution and transmission of stable CTL escape mutations in HIV infectionP J Goulder
Partners AIDS Research Center, Massachusetts General Hospital and Division of AIDS, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Nature 412:334-8. 2001..These data suggest that CTL escape mutations in epitopes associated with suppression of viraemia will accumulate as the epidemic progresses, and therefore have important implications for vaccine design...
- Changes in immunological and virological parameters in HIV-1 infected subjects following leukapheresisM R Boulassel
Immunodeficiency Service, Royal Victoria Hospital, McGill University Health Centre, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Apher 18:55-60. 2003..We conclude that leukapheresis in HIV-1 infected subjects with CD4(+) cell counts >200 x 10(6)/l is safe and induces a transient increase in the absolute and percentage of CD4(+) cell count without enhancing viral replication...
- Knowledge, attitudes and behaviours associated with the provision of hepatitis C care by Canadian family physiciansJ Cox
McGill University, Montreal, QC, Canada
J Viral Hepat 18:e332-40. 2011....
- Correlates of unprotected anal sex at last sexual episode: analysis from a surveillance study of men who have sex with men in MontrealG Lambert
Direction de santé publique de Montréal, Agence de la santé et des services sociaux de Montréal, QC, Canada
AIDS Behav 15:584-95. 2011..Our findings parallel the results of other HIV prevention studies which have highlighted the importance of interpersonal factors that influence risk-taking at the moment of a sexual act among MSM...
- Clinical characteristics at initial presentation and impact of dual therapy on the outcome of bacteremic Streptococcus pneumoniae pneumonia in adultsK Weiss
Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, Maisonneuve Rosemont Hospital, University of Montreal, 5415 L Assomption, Montreal, Quebec H1T 2M4, Canada
Can Respir J 11:589-93. 2004..In fact, all CAP guidelines have identified this issue as one of the most important issues when establishing their recommendations...
- Prevalence, clearance, and incidence of anal human papillomavirus infection in HIV-infected men: the HIPVIRG cohort studyAlexandra de Pokomandy
Departement De Microbiologie et Infectiologie, Hôpital Notre Dame du Centre Hospitalier de l Université de Montréal, département de médecine familiale, Faculte de Medecine, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Infect Dis 199:965-73. 2009..This study was conducted to better understand the natural history of type-specific HPV infection in the anus...
- Cost-benefit and cost-effectiveness analysis of a disability prevention model for back pain management: a six year follow up studyP Loisel
Department of Surgery Division of Orthopedics, Université de Sherbrooke and Centre de recherche clinique en réadaptation au travail PREVICAP, Hopital Charles LeMoyne, 1111, Longueuil, Quebec, Canada, J4K 5G4
Occup Environ Med 59:807-15. 2002..To test the long term cost-benefit and cost-effectiveness of the Sherbrooke model of management of subacute occupational back pain, combining an occupational and a clinical rehabilitation intervention...
- The major genetic determinants of HIV-1 control affect HLA class I peptide presentationFlorencia Pereyra
Ragon Institute of Massachusetts General Hospital, Massachusetts Institute of Technology MIT and Harvard, Boston, MA, USA
Science 330:1551-7. 2010..These results implicate the nature of the HLA-viral peptide interaction as the major factor modulating durable control of HIV infection...
- Changes in function of HIV-specific T-cell responses with increasing time from infectionMichel L Ndongala
Research Institute of the McGill University Health Center, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Viral Immunol 23:159-68. 2010..By the second year of infection there was a significant difference in these functions compared to those assessed within 6 mo...