Affiliation: Toronto Rehabilitation Institute
- A systematic review of treatments for mild traumatic brain injuryP Comper
Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, University Centre, University of Toronto, ON, Canada
Brain Inj 19:863-80. 2005..To assess the effectiveness of interventions for mild traumatic brain injury (MTBI) in adults as found in the literature...
- Evaluating the methodological quality of sports neuropsychology concussion research: a systematic reviewPaul Comper
Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto, ON, Canada
Brain Inj 24:1257-71. 2010..Future research in this area needs to be carefully controlled, repeatable and generalizable, which will contribute to developing practical, evidence-based guidelines for concussion management...
- The influence of musculoskeletal injury on cognition: implications for concussion researchMichael Hutchison
Graduate Department of Rehabilitation Science, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, 500 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Sports Med 39:2331-7. 2011..Safe return-to-play decisions after concussion can be challenging for sports medicine specialists. Neuropsychological testing is recommended to objectively measure concussion-related cognitive impairments...
- Emotional response to sport concussion compared to ACL injuryLynda M Mainwaring
University of Toronto, ON, Canada
Brain Inj 24:589-97. 2010..To ascertain and compare the nature of emotional response of athletes to concussion and to anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injury...
- Work-related mild-moderate traumatic brain injury and the construction industryMargaret Liu
Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy, Faculty ofMedicine, University of Toronto, 500 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Work 39:283-90. 2011..Conclusions: Construction industry workers experience serious WrTBIs that are amenable to prevention. Use of the PEO model increased our understanding of WrTBIs in the construction industry...
- Does the apolipoprotein epsilon 4 allele predispose varsity athletes to concussion? A prospective cohort studyVicki L Kristman
Department of Public Health Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin J Sport Med 18:322-8. 2008..To determine the association between the apolipoprotein epsilon 4 allele and concussion. We hypothesized that apolipoprotein epsilon 4 carriers may be more likely to sustain a concussion...
- Differential emotional responses of varsity athletes to concussion and musculoskeletal injuriesMichael Hutchison
Faculty of Physical Education and Health, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin J Sport Med 19:13-9. 2009..To determine if athletes with concussion and those with minor musculoskeletal injuries experienced differential emotional response to injury...
- Work-related mild-moderate traumatic brain injuries due to fallsWenli Wei
Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Brain Inj 24:1358-63. 2010..The objective of the study was to examine the person, environment and occupation factors associated with work-related traumatic brain injuries (WrTBI) due to falls from elevation (FFE) and falls from the same level (FFSL)...