Affiliation: The Hospital for Sick Children
- Non-cardiac manifestations of neonatal lupus erythematosusE Silverman
Division of Rheumatology, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Scand J Immunol 72:223-5. 2010..Overall, non-cardiac involvement of NLE is more common than cardiac. The study of these manifestations may lead to new insight into how autoantibodies lead to disease...
- Juvenile Psoriatic Arthritis (JPsA): juvenile arthritis with psoriasis?Yonatan Butbul Aviel
Division of Rheumatology, SickKids Hospital, Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Pediatr Rheumatol Online J 11:11. 2013..The aim of our study was to determine the long-term outcome and clinical course of patients with juvenile psoriatic arthritis (JPsA) and to define subgroups of JPsA...
- Predicting longitudinal trajectory of bone mineral density in paediatric systemic lupus erythematosus patientsLily Siok Hoon Lim
The Hospital for Sick Children, Rheumatology, 555 University Ave, Suite 8253A, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5G 1X8
Ann Rheum Dis 71:1686-91. 2012..1) To identify the average lumbar spine (LS) bone mineral density (BMD) trajectory in paediatric systemic lupus erythematosus (pSLE) patients, and (2) to identify predictors of BMD trajectory...
- Long-term open-label preliminary study of the safety and efficacy of leflunomide in patients with polyarticular-course juvenile rheumatoid arthritisEarl Silverman
Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 52:554-62. 2005..To obtain preliminary data regarding the efficacy and long-term safety of leflunomide in patients with refractory polyarticular-course juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA)...
- Leflunomide or methotrexate for juvenile rheumatoid arthritisEarl Silverman
Department of Pediatrics, University of Toronto, Toronto
N Engl J Med 352:1655-66. 2005..We compared the safety and efficacy of leflunomide with that of methotrexate in the treatment of polyarticular juvenile rheumatoid arthritis in a multinational, randomized, controlled trial...
- The importance of the level of maternal anti-Ro/SSA antibodies as a prognostic marker of the development of cardiac neonatal lupus erythematosus a prospective study of 186 antibody-exposed fetuses and infantsEdgar Jaeggi
Division of Cardiology, Departments of Pediatrics and Immunology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Am Coll Cardiol 55:2778-84. 2010..The purpose of this study was to determine whether cardiac complications of neonatal lupus erythematosus (NLE) are related to maternal anti-Ro and anti-La autoantibody-levels...
- Adipokines as novel biomarkers in paediatric systemic lupus erythematosusMarjon Al
Division of Rheumatology, Department of Pediatrics, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Rheumatology (Oxford) 48:497-501. 2009....
- Work disability in systemic lupus erythematosus is prevalent and associated with socio-demographic and disease related factorsK Baker
Meds 2010, School of Medicine, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Lupus 18:1281-8. 2009..Socio-demographic factors, co-morbidities (fibromyalgia and fatigue) and disease related factors were strongly associated with WD. We cannot determine cause and effect as the study was cross-sectional...
- Autoantibodies in pediatric systemic lupus erythematosus: ethnic grouping, cluster analysis, and clinical correlationsRoman Jurencák
Division of Rheumatology, Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8
J Rheumatol 36:416-21. 2009....
- Chondrodysplasia punctata associated with maternal autoimmune diseases: expanding the spectrum from systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) to mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD) and scleroderma report of eight casesDavid Chitayat
The Prenatal Diagnosis and Medical Genetics Program, Mount Sinai Hospital and the University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Med Genet A 146:3038-53. 2008....
- Identification and characterization of an Xp22.33;Yp11.2 translocation causing a triplication of several genes of the pseudoautosomal region 1 in an XX male patient with severe systemic lupus erythematosusPierre Chagnon
University of Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, and Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 54:1270-8. 2006....
- Neurocognitive abnormalities in offspring of mothers with systemic lupus erythematosusM B Urowitz
Centre for Prognosis Studies in the Rheumatic Diseases, Toronto Western Hospital, University of Toronto Lupus Clinic, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Lupus 17:555-60. 2008..The matched analyses of the neuropsychological domains revealed impairment in SLE children compared with matched controls in two of the nine domains: learning and memory and behaviour...
- Low bone mineral density is present in newly diagnosed paediatric systemic lupus erythematosus patientsSiok Hoon Lily Lim
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Rheumatology, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ann Rheum Dis 70:1991-4. 2011....
- Reliability of exercise testing and functional activity questionnaires in children with juvenile arthritisSamantha Stephens
The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 57:1446-52. 2007..To determine the reliability of formal exercise testing and the reliability of functional and activity questionnaires in children with juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA)...
- The complex nature of the interaction between disease activity and therapy on the lipid profile in patients with pediatric systemic lupus erythematosusTalin Sarkissian
Division of Rheumatology, Hospital for Sick Children, and University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arthritis Rheum 54:1283-90. 2006..To determine the prevalence of lipid abnormalities at different times and to determine the influence of both the disease and corticosteroid therapy on lipid abnormalities in pediatric patients with systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE)...
- Preliminary core sets of measures for disease activity and damage assessment in juvenile systemic lupus erythematosus and juvenile dermatomyositisNicolino Ruperto
IRCCS G Gasalini, Pediatria II, Genova, Italy
Rheumatology (Oxford) 42:1452-9. 2003..To identify preliminary core sets of outcome variables for disease activity and damage assessment in juvenile systemic lupus erythematosus (JSLE) and juvenile dermatomyositis (JDM)...