M S Salman
Affiliation: The Hospital for Sick Children
- Pontocerebellar hypoplasia type 1: new leads for an earlier diagnosisMichael S Salman
Department of Neurology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Child Neurol 18:220-5. 2003..Our cases provide clinical and previously unreported electroretinographic evidence for neurodegeneration in pontocerebellar hypoplasia type 1 and call for the expansion of the disease phenotype...
- Peripheral and autonomic nervous system involvement in chronic GM2-gangliosidosisM S Salman
Division of Neurology, University of Toronto and Hospital for Sick Children, ON, Canada
J Inherit Metab Dis 24:65-71. 2001..In some cases, this may be clinically significant. On the other hand, cardiovascular autonomic instability is apparently not a significant problem in young adult patients with the disease...
- Idiopathic "benign" intracranial hypertension: case series and reviewM S Salman
Division of Neurology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Child Neurol 16:465-70. 2001..A prospective study is needed to establish the indications for treatment and the efficacy of the treatments used...
- Should children with Bell's palsy be treated with corticosteroids? A systematic reviewM S Salman
Division of Neurology, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Child Neurol 16:565-8. 2001..There was substantial heterogeneity in the population and interventions used; hence a meta-analysis was not done. Based on this systematic review, we do not recommend the routine use of steroids in children with Bell's palsy...
- The cerebellum: it's about time! But timing is not everything--new insights into the role of the cerebellum in timing motor and cognitive tasksMichael S Salman
Division of Neurology, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON
J Child Neurol 17:1-9. 2002..Further neurophysiologic research in cerebellar cortical neurotransmission is likely to further our understanding of the cerebellar contribution to timing sensorimotor processes...
- Upper limb motor function in young adults with spina bifida and hydrocephalusM Dennis
Program in Neurosciences and Mental Health, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
Childs Nerv Syst 25:1447-53. 2009..The objective of the study was to measure upper limb motor function in young adults with spina bifida meningomyelocele (SBM) and typically developing age peers...
- Saccades in children with spina bifida and Chiari type II malformationM S Salman
Division of Neurology, Hospital for Sick Children, Ontario, Canada
Neurology 64:2098-101. 2005..Saccades are essential for optimal visual function. Chiari type II malformation (CII) is a congenital anomaly of the cerebellum and brainstem, associated with spina bifida...
- Smooth ocular pursuit in Chiari type II malformationMichael S Salman
Section of Paediatric Neurology, Children s Hospital, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Dev Med Child Neurol 49:289-93. 2007..The lack of effect of shunt revisions and abnormal tracking in participants with nystagmus provide evidence that it is related primarily to the cerebellar and brainstem malformation...
- Cerebellar vermis morphology in children with spina bifida and Chiari type II malformationMichael S Salman
Division of Neurology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
Childs Nerv Syst 22:385-93. 2006..This is assumed to affect the cerebellum uniformly. We quantified the presumed reduction in vermis size on magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)...