Aideen M Moore
Affiliation: The Hospital for Sick Children
- Placental pathology in neonatal strokeJorina Elbers
Division of Neonatology, Department of Pediatrics, Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pediatrics 127:e722-9. 2011..This case series systematically evaluates prenatal, maternal, and neonatal risk factors and describes placental pathology in 12 cases of neonatal stroke...
- Neonatal short bowel syndrome: a cohort studyPaul W Wales
Division of General Surgery, The Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X8
J Pediatr Surg 40:755-62. 2005..By applying more rigorous methodology, our aim was to determine outcomes of SBS neonates compared with a control group of neonates without SBS...
- Human torovirus: a new virus associated with neonatal necrotizing enterocolitisAbhay Lodha
Department of Pediatrics, University of Toronto, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Acta Paediatr 94:1085-8. 2005..Toroviruses have been associated with gastroenteritis in both animals and humans. The aim of this study was to examine the fecal excretion of torovirus in infants with necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC)...
- Correlation of sonographic findings and outcome in necrotizing enterocolitisCicero T Silva
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, 555 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario, M5G1X8, Canada
Pediatr Radiol 37:274-82. 2007..There is little in the literature regarding the use of gray-scale and Doppler sonography of the bowel in necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC) and how findings depicted by this modality might assist in predicting outcome and influence management...
- Necrotizing enterocolitis: assessment of bowel viability with color doppler USRicardo Faingold
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Division of Neonatology, Hospital for Sick Children and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Radiology 235:587-94. 2005..To determine whether absence of bowel wall perfusion at color Doppler ultrasonography (US) is indicative of bowel necrosis in neonates with necrotizing enterocolitis (NEC)...
- Necrotizing enterocolitis: review of state-of-the-art imaging findings with pathologic correlationMonica Epelman
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Hospital for Sick Children and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Radiographics 27:285-305. 2007..The information provided by sonography allows a more complete understanding of the state of the bowel in patients with NEC and may thus make management decisions easier and potentially change outcome...
- Safety of morphine in nonintubated infants in the neonatal intensive care unitAnna Taddio
Pharmacy Practice Division, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Clin J Pain 25:418-22. 2009..To determine the safety of morphine for procedural pain management in nonintubated infants in the neonatal intensive care unit...
- The addition of cysteine to the total sulphur amino acid requirement as methionine does not increase erythrocytes glutathione synthesis in the parenterally fed human neonateGlenda Courtney-Martin
Research Institute, The Hospital for Sick Children, Ontario, Canada
Pediatr Res 67:320-4. 2010..Cysteine supplementation did not significantly affect GSH synthesis. These data suggest that term infants are capable of synthesizing cysteine from methionine, not only for protein but also for GSH synthesis...