Affiliation: The Hospital for Sick Children
- Remission of resistant MPGN type I with mycophenolate mofetil and steroidsSudarsana De
Division of Nephrology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, M5G 1X8, Canada
Pediatr Nephrol 24:597-600. 2009..In summary, this case suggests that there may be potential benefit for use of MMF in children with refractory MPGN I, which supports the rationale for prospectively evaluating MMF treatment in a treatment trial of refractory MPGN I...
- The rationale and design of Insight into Nephrotic Syndrome: Investigating Genes, Health and Therapeutics (INSIGHT): a prospective cohort study of childhood nephrotic syndromeNeesha Hussain
Division of Nephrology, The Hospital for Sick Children, and University of Toronto, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, 555 University Avenue, M5G 1X8, Toronto, ON, Canada
BMC Nephrol 14:25. 2013....
- Hereditary and acquired complement dysregulation in membranoproliferative glomerulonephritisChristoph Licht
The Hospital for Sick Children, Division of Nephrology, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5G 1X8
Thromb Haemost 101:271-8. 2009..A better understanding of the pathogenesis of MPGN is crucial for the development of novel, specific treatment strategies...
- Platelet-associated complement factor H in healthy persons and patients with atypical HUSChristoph Licht
Department of Paediatrics, Division of Nephrology, Program in Cell Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, and University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Blood 114:4538-45. 2009..This CFH-dependent response did not involve P-selectin mobilization, indicating a complement-induced platelet response distinct from alpha-granule secretion...
- Genetics of proteinuria: an overview of gene mutations associated with nonsyndromic proteinuric glomerulopathiesTino D Piscione
Division of Nephrology, Department of Paediatrics, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
Adv Chronic Kidney Dis 18:273-89. 2011..This review summarizes gene mutations which are known to be associated with proteinuric glomerulopathies in children and adults...
- Successful treatment of DEAP-HUS with eculizumabDamien Noone
Division of Nephrology, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, M5G 1X8, Canada
Pediatr Nephrol 29:841-51. 2014..CFH autoantibodies are found in 10-15 % of aHUS patients and occur--so far unexplained--almost exclusively in the background of CFHR1 or CFHR3/CFHR1 deletions...
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome caused by Bordetella pertussis infectionSwasti Chaturvedi
Department of Nephrology, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, M5G 1X8, Canada
Pediatr Nephrol 25:1361-4. 2010..Despite negative results in this case, in-depth workup of the complement system may be important to guide treatment efforts and strategies...