Binita M Kamath
Affiliation: The Hospital for Sick Children
- Renal anomalies in Alagille syndrome: a disease-defining featureBinita M Kamath
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition at The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Med Genet A 158:85-9. 2012..These data also suggest that renal involvement be considered the sixth defining criterion for ALGS...
- Pancreatic insufficiency is not a prevalent problem in Alagille syndromeBinita M Kamath
Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 55:612-4. 2012..FE measurements were normal (>200 μg/g) in 40 (95%) and indeterminate (100-200 μg/g) in 2 (5%). As FE is the most reliable screen for PI, these data suggest that PI is not a prevalent problem in ALGS...
- Outcomes of liver transplantation for patients with Alagille syndrome: the studies of pediatric liver transplantation experienceBinita M Kamath
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
Liver Transpl 18:940-8. 2012..Although the 1-year survival rate was modestly lower for the ALGS patients versus the BA patients, the clustering of deaths within the first 30 days is notable and warrants increased vigilance and further investigation...
- Medical management of Alagille syndromeBinita M Kamath
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 50:580-6. 2010..Furthermore, the liver disease in particular requires an appreciation of the natural history and evolution of the profound cholestasis...
- A longitudinal study to identify laboratory predictors of liver disease outcome in Alagille syndromeBinita M Kamath
Division of Gastroenterology, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 50:526-30. 2010..This poses a challenge to the clinician in terms of timing therapies. The study aim was to identify laboratory markers present in children younger than 5 years that could predict the ultimate outcome of liver disease in AGS...
- Liver transplantation in children: update 2010Binita M Kamath
Department of Pediatrics, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON M5S 1A1, Canada
Pediatr Clin North Am 57:401-14, table of contents. 2010..These issues require constant collaboration between pediatricians, transplant hepatologists, transplant surgeons, nurses, dieticians, social workers, psychologists, and other supporting services...
- Genomic alterations in biliary atresia suggest region of potential disease susceptibility in 2q37.3Melissa Leyva-Vega
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Med Genet A 152:886-95. 2010..The overlapping 1.76 Mb deletion on chromosome 2q37.3 from 240,936,900 to 242,692,820 constitutes the critical region and the genes within this region could be candidates for susceptibility to BA...
- Alagille syndrome in a Vietnamese cohort: mutation analysis and assessment of facial featuresHenry C Lin
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Am J Med Genet A 158:1005-13. 2012..This is the first report of mutations and phenotypic spectrum of ALGS in a Vietnamese population...
- SNP array mapping of chromosome 20p deletions: genotypes, phenotypes, and copy number variationBinita M Kamath
Division of Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia and University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Hum Mutat 30:371-8. 2009..Deletions of the short arm of chromosome 20 are associated with relatively mild and limited clinical anomalies. The use of SNP arrays provides accurate high-resolution definition of genomic abnormalities...
- Pathologic lower extremity fractures in children with Alagille syndromeChristina B Bales
Department of Pediatrics, The Department of Biostatistics and Epidemiology at the University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 51:66-70. 2010..In this retrospective study, we aimed to determine the incidence and distribution of fractures in patients with Alagille syndrome, 1 of the leading inherited causes of pediatric cholestatic liver disease...
- Intracranial vascular abnormalities in patients with Alagille syndromeKaran M Emerick
Division of Gastroenterology, The Children s Memorial Hospital and Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, Illinois 60614, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 41:99-107. 2005....
- Alagille syndrome and liver transplantationBinita M Kamath
Department of Pediatrics, The Children s Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 50:11-5. 2010....
- Renal involvement and the role of Notch signalling in Alagille syndromeBinita M Kamath
The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
Nat Rev Nephrol 9:409-18. 2013..Increased awareness of Alagille syndrome amongst nephrologists may lead to more diagnoses of Alagille syndrome in patients with apparently isolated renal disease...