Johann K Hitzler
Affiliation: The Hospital for Sick Children
- GATA1 mutations in transient leukemia and acute megakaryoblastic leukemia of Down syndromeJohann K Hitzler
Department of Pediatrics, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, ON, Canada
Blood 101:4301-4. 2003..These findings suggest a model of malignant transformation in Down syndrome AMKL in which GATA1 mutations are an early event and AMKL arises from latent TL clones following initial apparent remission...
- Origins of leukaemia in children with Down syndromeJohann K Hitzler
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Hematology Oncology, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nat Rev Cancer 5:11-20. 2005..Leukaemia that specifically arises in the context of constitutional trisomy 21 and somatic GATA1 mutations is a unique biological model of the incremental process of leukaemic transformation...
- CNS-directed therapy in young children with T-lineage acute lymphoblastic leukemia: High-dose methotrexate versus cranial irradiationPaul C Nathan
Department of Paediatrics, Division of Haematology Oncology, The Hospital for Sick Children Research Institute, The University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pediatr Blood Cancer 42:24-9. 2004..We conducted a retrospective cohort study to determine the effect on survival of substituting HD-MTX for CRT in young children with T-ALL, a group that faces a high risk of long-term sequelae from CRT...
- Comparison of long-term neurocognitive outcomes in young children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia treated with cranial radiation or high-dose or very high-dose intravenous methotrexateBrenda J Spiegler
Department of Paediatrics, Division of Haematology Oncology, The Hospital for Sick Children, The University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Oncol 24:3858-64. 2006..The impact of chemotherapy-only protocols on neurocognitive outcomes is unclear, and the importance of systemic MTX dose has not been established...
- A basic classification and a comprehensive examination of pediatric myeloproliferative syndromesAdam Gassas
Divisions of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 27:192-6. 2005..The authors found that all the cases could be easily classified. MPS in children is different from adult-type MPS in terms of biology, categories, classification, and prognosis...
- Acute megakaryoblastic leukemia in Down syndromeJohann K Hitzler
Division of Hematology Oncology, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ont, Canada M5G 1X8
Pediatr Blood Cancer 49:1066-9. 2007..The distinct phenotypes of megakaryoblastic leukemia in DS are a unique biological model of the incremental process of leukemic transformation...
- GATA1--a player in normal and leukemic megakaryopoiesisJohann K Hitzler
Division of Hematology Oncology and Program for Developmental Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8 Canada
Pediatr Res 52:831. 2002
- Slug, a highly conserved zinc finger transcriptional repressor, protects hematopoietic progenitor cells from radiation-induced apoptosis in vivoAkira Inoue
Department of Experimental Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Cancer Cell 2:279-88. 2002..These results implicate Slug in a novel survival pathway that protects hematopoietic progenitors from apoptosis after DNA damage...
- Megakaryoblastic leukemia 1, a potent transcriptional coactivator for serum response factor (SRF), is required for serum induction of SRF target genesBo Cen
Department of Biological Sciences, Columbia University, 1212 Amsterdam Avenue, New York, NY 10027, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:6597-608. 2003....
- Short-term granulocyte colony-stimulating factor and erythropoietin treatment enhances hematopoiesis and survival in the mitomycin C-conditioned Fancc(-/-) mouse model, while long-term treatment is ineffectiveMadeleine Carreau
Unité de Génétique Humaine et Moléculaire, CHUQ Hôpital St François d Assise, Laval University, Quebec, QC, Canada
Blood 100:1499-501. 2002..These results suggest that cytokine treatment may be beneficial only in the short-term, while long-term treatment is not protective for BM aplasia...