Mark Kevin Friedberg
Affiliation: The Hospital for Sick Children
- Forsha D, Slorach C, Chen C, Sherman A, Mertens L, Barker P, et al. Patterns of Mechanical Inefficiency in Pediatric Dilated Cardiomyopathy and Their Relation to Left Ventricular Function and Clinical Outcomes. J Am Soc Echocardiogr. 2016;29:226-36 pubmed publisher..More severe LV discoordination was associated with increased LV dysfunction and a trend toward death or transplantation. ..
- Friedberg M, Schwartz S, Zhang H, Chiu Man C, Manlhiot C, Ilina M, et al. Hemodynamic effects of sustained postoperative cardiac resynchronization therapy in infants after repair of congenital heart disease: Results of a randomized clinical trial. Heart Rhythm. 2017;14:240-247 pubmed publisher..These findings warrant further study of CRT to improve postoperative recovery in infants with electrical dyssynchrony. ..
- Friedberg M, Margossian R, Lu M, Mercer Rosa L, Henderson H, Nutting A, et al. Systolic-diastolic functional coupling in healthy children and in those with dilated cardiomyopathy. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2016;120:1301-18 pubmed publisher..3538, P < .001). S:D coupling becomes weaker in DCM with LV remodeling and dysfunction. The S:D coupling ratio may be useful to assess coupling, warranting study in relation to patient outcomes. ..
- Nielsen E, Okumura K, Sun M, Hjortdal V, Redington A, Friedberg M. Regional septal hinge-point injury contributes to adverse biventricular interactions in pulmonary hypertension. Physiol Rep. 2017;5: pubmed publisher..This suggests that altered geometry and wall stress lead to adverse RV-LV interactions through the septal hinge-points to induce LV fibrosis and dysfunction. ..
- Ramos S, Pieles G, Hui W, Ishii R, Slorach C, Friedberg M. Comprehensive echocardiographic assessment of biventricular function in the rabbit, animal model in cardiovascular research: feasibility and normal values. Int J Cardiovasc Imaging. 2018;34:367-375 pubmed publisher..Apical views and strain imaging have lower feasibility. Normal values of LV and RV functional parameters are with comparable values to human children. Animal cardiovascular research is key to develop new goals in clinical practice. ..
- Gomez O, Okumura K, Honjo O, Sun M, Ishii R, Bijens B, et al. HEART RATE REDUCTION IMPROVES BIVENTRICULAR FUNCTION AND INTERACTIONS IN EXPERIMENTAL PULMONARY HYPERTENSION. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2017;:ajpheart.00493.2017 pubmed publisher..To investigate mechanisms of heart rate (HR) reduction on biventricular function and interactions in experimental pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH)...