Affiliation: The Hospital for Sick Children
- Intravenous immunoglobulin G and anti-D as therapeutic interventions in immune thrombocytopenic purpuraV Blanchette
Division of Hematology Oncology, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
Transfus Sci 19:279-88. 1998..Studies are required to define the short and longer term effects of both IVIG and anti-D on the immune system in order to plan more rational use of these immunomodulatory therapies in this model autoimmune disorder...
- A systematic review of MR imaging as a tool for evaluating haemophilic arthropathy in childrenM W Chan
Departments of Diagnostic Imaging, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada
Haemophilia 19:e324-34. 2013..However, there is no evidence that screening of early intra-articular soft tissue bleed with MRI improves the functional status of joints over time...
- Musculoskeletal health of subjects with hemophilia A treated with tailored prophylaxis: Canadian Hemophilia Primary Prophylaxis (CHPS) StudyP Hilliard
Department of Rehabilitation Services, Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
J Thromb Haemost 11:460-6. 2013..Full-dose prophylaxis is very effective at minimizing joint damage but is costly. Tailored prophylaxis has been proposed as a way of reducing costs while still protecting joints...
- Intracranial haemorrhage in von Willebrand disease: a report on six casesV Labarque
Division of Haematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Haemophilia 19:602-6. 2013..A much larger cohort of patients with VWD experiencing an ICH is needed to make recommendations regarding treatment of such events, including the role of prophylaxis in patients with more severe forms of VWD...
- Plasma and albumin-free recombinant factor VIII: pharmacokinetics, efficacy and safety in previously treated pediatric patientsV S Blanchette
Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, ON, Canada
J Thromb Haemost 6:1319-26. 2008..The pharmacokinetics of factor VIII replacement therapy in preschool previously treated patients (PTPs) with hemophilia A have not been well characterized...
- The changing face of hepatitis in boys with haemophilia associated with increased prevalence of obesityS Revel-Vilk
Department of Nursing, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Haemophilia 17:689-94. 2011..Overweight and obese haemophilic boys should be evaluated for NAFLD and interventional programmes should be designed to reduce the potential complications associated with obesity...