Affiliation: Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Sciences Centre
- Hip fractures and Alzheimer's disease in elderly institutionalized CanadiansIris Weller
Women s Health Program, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ann Epidemiol 14:319-24. 2004..To examine the associations among Alzheimer's disease, hip fractures, and falls in elderly Canadians > or = 65 years of age (n=1513) who participated in the National Population Health Survey for Health Institutions between 1994 and 1995...
- The effect of hospital type and surgical delay on mortality after surgery for hip fractureI Weller
Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Bone Joint Surg Br 87:361-6. 2005..Similar relationships were seen at three months and one year after surgery. This suggests that any delay to surgery for non-medical reasons is detrimental to a patient's outcome...
- Population trends in BMD testing, treatment, and hip and wrist fracture rates: are the hip fracture projections wrong?Susan B Jaglal
Department of Rehabilitation Science, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
J Bone Miner Res 20:898-905. 2005..From 1996 to 2001, BMD testing and use of bone-sparing medications increased each year, whereas despite the aging of the population, wrist and hip fracture rates decreased...
- The role of work stress as a moderating variable in the chronic pain and depression associationSarah E P Munce
Women s Health Program, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Psychosom Res 61:653-60. 2006..This article aims to examine the role of work stress as a moderating variable in the chronic pain-depression association, as well as sex differences in this link...
- Management of congestive heart failure: a gender gap may still exist. Observations from a contemporary cohortJason M Burstein
University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 3:1. 2003..We conducted a pilot study to evaluate the profile and management of patients with CHF at a tertiary care centre to determine if a gender difference exists...
- Association of low back pain, impairment, disability & work limitations in nursesSuzanne Denis
Departments of Occupational Health and Safety and Rehabilitation, Holland Orthopaedic and Arthritic Centre, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center, 43 Wellesly St East, Toronto, Ontario, M4Y 1H1, Canada
J Occup Rehabil 17:213-26. 2007..However, there is little evidence that measures used are associated with ability to do one's job...
- Major depressive episodes and work stress: results from a national population surveyEmma Robertson Blackmore
University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14462 8409, USA
Am J Public Health 97:2088-93. 2007..We determined the proportion of workers meeting criteria for major depressive episodes in the past year and examined the association between psychosocial work-stress variables and these episodes...
- Psychosocial and clinical correlates of suicidal acts: results from a national population surveyEmma Robertson Blackmore
Department of Psychiatry, University of Rochester Medical Centre, Rochester, NY 14642 8409, USA
Br J Psychiatry 192:279-84. 2008..Clinical samples have identified a number of psychosocial risk factors for suicidal acts but it is unclear if these findings relate to the general population...