Gillian Monica Thomas
Affiliation: Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Treating vulvar cancer in the new millennium: are patients receiving optimal care?Lisa Barbera
Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Science Center, Canada
Gynecol Oncol 109:71-5. 2008..Our ultimate goal is to improve vulvar cancer care by understanding variations in care and their impact on outcome. In this pilot study, we specifically evaluate the use of groin node dissection (GND)...
- A role for adjuvant radiation in clinically early carcinoma of the endometrium?Gillian Monica Thomas
Sunnybrook Odette Cancer Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int J Gynecol Cancer 20:S64-6. 2010..The contribution of adjuvant radiation for high-risk disease, including those with grade III tumors with deep myometrial penetration, however, remains to be determined in ongoing trials...
- Phase III trial to evaluate the efficacy of maintaining hemoglobin levels above 12.0 g/dL with erythropoietin vs above 10.0 g/dL without erythropoietin in anemic patients receiving concurrent radiation and cisplatin for cervical cancerGillian Thomas
Toronto Sunnybrook Cancer Center, University of Toronto, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, ON, Canada M4N 3M5
Gynecol Oncol 108:317-25. 2008..In addition, to determine whether platinum-DNA adducts were associated with clinical characteristics or outcome...
- Adenomyosis involved by endometrial adenocarcinoma is a significant risk factor for deep myometrial invasionNadia Ismiil
Department of Pathology, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, ON, Canada M4N 3M5
Ann Diagn Pathol 11:252-7. 2007..When compared with tumors that do not involve adenomyosis, these tumors are not only more likely to invade the myometrium but are significantly more prone to achieve deep invasion into the outer half...
- Single-fraction high-dose-rate brachytherapy and hypofractionated external beam radiotherapy for men with intermediate-risk prostate cancer: analysis of short- and medium-term toxicity and quality of lifeGerard C Morton
Department of Radiation Oncology, Odette Cancer Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 77:811-7. 2010..To determine the short- and medium-term effects of a single high-dose-rate brachytherapy fraction of 15 Gy and hypofractionated external beam radiation therapy for prostate cancer...
- Adenomyosis is associated with myometrial invasion by FIGO 1 endometrial adenocarcinomaNadia D Ismiil
Department of Pathology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Center, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int J Gynecol Pathol 26:278-83. 2007..When compared with their counterparts that occur in the absence of adenomyosis, these tumors are significantly more likely to invade the myometrium...
- Lymphovascular invasion is a significant predictor for distant recurrence in patients with early-stage endometrial endometrioid adenocarcinomaSharon Nofech-Mozes
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center, Toronto, ON, Canada
Am J Clin Pathol 129:912-7. 2008..Multivariate analysis revealed LVI as the only independent predictor for distant recurrence (HR, 2.841; CI, 1.282-6.297). Studies to examine the role of adjuvant systemic therapy in patients with early-stage disease should be considered...
- Hypofractionated accelerated radiotherapy using concomitant intensity-modulated radiotherapy boost technique for localized high-risk prostate cancer: acute toxicity resultsTee S Lim
Odette Cancer Centre, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, ON, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 72:85-92. 2008..To evaluate the acute toxicities of hypofractionated accelerated radiotherapy (RT) using a concomitant intensity-modulated RT boost in conjunction with elective pelvic nodal irradiation for high-risk prostate cancer...
- Patient outcome study of concurrent chemoradiation, external beam radiotherapy, and high-dose rate brachytherapy in locally advanced carcinoma of the cervixJennifer Louise Forrest
Department of Radiation Oncology, Sunnybrook Odette Cancer Center, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int J Gynecol Cancer 20:1074-8. 2010..This protocol is accepted by the Gynecological Oncology Group and endorsed by the American Brachytherapy Society, but no late toxic effect data have been reported...
- Endometrial endometrioid adenocarcinoma: a pathologic analysis of 827 consecutive casesSharon Nofech-Mozes
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, ON, Canada M4N 3M5
Am J Clin Pathol 129:110-4. 2008..0065), and LVI (P > .0001).EEA manifests most commonly with low tumor grade and without deep myometrial invasion. High tumor grade is significantly associated with deep myometrial invasion, cervical involvement, and LVI...
- A phase III randomized study of misonidazole plus radiation vs. radiation alone for cervix cancerPhilip Chan
Department of Radiation Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2M9
Radiother Oncol 70:295-9. 2004..The 10-year serious late complication rate was 14% for MISO and 12% for P (P = 0.51). CONCLUSIONS: Misonidazole failed to improve the outcome of patients with cervix cancer treated with radiotherapy...
- Integrating radiation into the management of vulvar cancerElizabeth A Barnes
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Semin Radiat Oncol 16:168-76. 2006..This article highlights the advances made in understanding the role radiation and chemotherapy have to play in the adjuvant and definitive management of vulvar cancer...
- The rapid uptake of concurrent chemotherapy for cervix cancer patients treated with curative radiationLisa Barbera
Toronto Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 64:1389-94. 2006..The purpose of this study is to examine the rate of chemotherapy use, in the province of Ontario, before and after these publications...
- Adenocarcinoma: a unique cervical cancerLilian T Gien
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Odette Cancer Centre, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Gynecol Oncol 116:140-6. 2010..This article will focus on possible specific therapeutic directions to explore in the management of locally advanced adenocarcinomas...
- Use of CT simulation for treatment of cervical cancer to assess the adequacy of lymph node coverage of conventional pelvic fields based on bony landmarksMarisa H Finlay
Department of Radiation Oncology, Toronto Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Centre, Sunnybrook, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 64:205-9. 2006..CT simulation with vessel contouring as a surrogate for lymph node localization provides more precise and individualized field delineation...
- A phase II study of sunitinib in patients with locally advanced or metastatic cervical carcinoma: NCIC CTG Trial IND.184Helen J Mackay
Department of Medical Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario M5G 2M9, Canada
Gynecol Oncol 116:163-7. 2010..This multi-centre phase II study was performed to evaluate the activity of sunitinib in women with locally advanced or metastatic cervical carcinoma who had received up to one prior line of chemotherapy for advanced disease...
- Venous thromboembolism in cervical cancerLisa Barbera
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Lancet Oncol 9:54-60. 2008..In this review, we focus on the incidence of VTE, patient, tumour, and treatment-related risk factors for VTE, and treatment and prevention of VTE in the setting of cervical cancer...
- Endometrial cancer--revisiting the importance of pelvic and para aortic lymph nodesJan G Aalders
Department of Gynecological Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, Skejby Sygehus, Aarhus, Denmark
Gynecol Oncol 104:222-31. 2007....
- Association of hemoglobin level with survival in cervical carcinoma patients treated with concurrent cisplatin and radiotherapy: a Gynecologic Oncology Group StudyWilliam E Winter
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, 6900 Georgia Avenue, Washington, DC 20307, USA
Gynecol Oncol 94:495-501. 2004..Levels in the last part of treatment were the most predictive of disease recurrence and survival...
- Early invasive cervical cancer: tumor delineation by magnetic resonance imaging, computed tomography, and clinical examination, verified by pathologic results, in the ACRIN 6651/GOG 183 Intergroup StudyDonald G Mitchell
Department of Radiology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:5687-94. 2006..To compare magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT), and clinical examination for delineating early cervical cancer and for measuring tumor size...