J R Perry
Affiliation: Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
- Temozolomide rechallenge in recurrent malignant glioma by using a continuous temozolomide schedule: the "rescue" approachJames R Perry
Crolla Family Brain Tumour Research Unit, Department of Medicine, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cancer 113:2152-7. 2008..Despite advances in first-line therapy, there are few data on treatment of glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) at recurrence. Temozolomide (TMZ) is well tolerated and may have activity despite prior TMZ exposure if novel dose schedules are used...
- Thromboembolic disease in patients with high-grade gliomaJames R Perry
Division of Neurology and Odette Cancer Centre, University of Toronto, Canada
Neuro Oncol 14:iv73-80. 2012....
- Anticoagulation of malignant glioma patients in the era of novel antiangiogenic agentsJames R Perry
Odette Cancer Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Curr Opin Neurol 23:592-6. 2010..Recent advances in the cause, prevention, and treatment of VTE in brain tumor patients in the era of antiangiogenic therapy are reviewed...
- PRODIGE: a randomized placebo-controlled trial of dalteparin low-molecular-weight heparin thromboprophylaxis in patients with newly diagnosed malignant gliomaJ R Perry
Division of Neurology, Sunnybrook Health Science Centre, Toronto Ontario, Canada
J Thromb Haemost 8:1959-65. 2010..Venous thromboembolism (VTE) occurs in 20-30% of patients with malignant glioma per year of survival. We tested the efficacy of long-term dalteparin low-molecular-weight heparin (LMWH) for prevention of VTE in these patients...
- Phase II trial of continuous dose-intense temozolomide in recurrent malignant glioma: RESCUE studyJames R Perry
Division of Neurology, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center, Room A402, 2075 Bayview Ave, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4N 3M5
J Clin Oncol 28:2051-7. 2010..Patients who experience progression during the first six cycles of conventional adjuvant TMZ therapy or after a treatment-free interval get the most benefit from therapy...
- A citywide prehospital protocol increases access to stroke thrombolysis in TorontoDavid J Gladstone
North and East GTA Ontario Regional Stroke Centre and Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine, and Brain Sciences Program, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Stroke 40:3841-4. 2009..This report describes the initial impact of the activation protocol at our regional stroke center...
- Oligodendrogliomas: clinical and genetic correlationsJ R Perry
Division of Neurology, Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Science Centre, Room A 442, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M4N 3M5
Curr Opin Neurol 14:705-10. 2001..This review will focus upon the past year of advances in the area of clinical-molecular genetic predictors of glioma behaviour and highlight the importance of these advances in everyday clinical practice...
- Bony metastases of anaplastic oligodendroglioma respond to temozolomideTara Morrison
Division of Neurology, Crolla Family Brain Tumour Research Unit, Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Can J Neurol Sci 31:102-8. 2004..We speculate that metastases from oligodendroglioma harbouring loss of heterozygosity at chromosome 1p- retain the chemosensitivity of the initial lesion...
- Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of marimastat in glioblastoma multiforme patients following surgery and irradiationVictor A Levin
Department of Neuro Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Neurooncol 78:295-302. 2006..Because raised matrix metalloprotease (MMP) levels are associated with glioma invasion and angiogenesis, we tested the efficacy of marimastat (MT) an orally active drug that can reduce MMP levels, in patients with gliomas...
- Glioma therapies: how to tell which work?James R Perry
J Clin Oncol 21:3547-9. 2003