Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Sciences Centre
- The role of HER-2/neu oncogene and vimentin filaments in the production of the Paget's phenotypeWedad Hanna
Department of Pathology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Center, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Breast J 9:485-90. 2003....
- Chromogenic in-situ hybridization: a viable alternative to fluorescence in-situ hybridization in the HER2 testing algorithmWedad M Hanna
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, ON, Canada
Mod Pathol 19:481-7. 2006..The high level of concordance between FISH and CISH seen in this study suggests that CISH may be a viable alternative to FISH for use in the human epidermal growth factor receptor-2 testing algorithm...
- Significance of multifocality in ductal carcinoma in situ: outcomes of women treated with breast-conserving therapyEileen Rakovitch
Toronto Sunnybrook Odette Cancer Centre, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Oncol 25:5591-6. 2007..The objective of this study is to evaluate the significance of multifocality and the outcomes of women with multifocal DCIS treated with breast-conserving therapy...
- The management of ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast: a screened population-based analysisEileen Rakovitch
Department of Radiation Oncology and Health Policy and Evaluation, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ont, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 101:335-47. 2007..We report a patterns of care study of women with DCIS to better understand the gap between evidence-based knowledge and the management of DCIS...
- Intratumoral heterogeneity of HER2/neu in breast cancer--a rare eventWedad Hanna
Department of Pathology, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Breast J 13:122-9. 2007....
- Mammographic density and the risk of breast cancer recurrence after breast-conserving surgeryTulin Cil
Department of Surgery, University Health Network, and Department of Radiology, Women s College Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cancer 115:5780-7. 2009..To the authors' knowledge, the role of mammographic density as a risk factor for the development of local recurrence has not been thoroughly evaluated to date...
- The role of cytokeratin 5/6 as an adjunct diagnostic tool in breast core needle biopsiesSharon Nofech-Mozes
Department of Pathology, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int J Surg Pathol 16:399-406. 2008..Cytokeratin 5/6 can be a useful adjunct in cases with ductal hyperplasia but not in columnar cell lesions, where it is universally negative...
- Toker cells revisitedSharon Nofech-Mozes
Department of Pathology, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Breast J 15:394-8. 2009..The substantial number and the clustering of Toker cells should not be mistaken for PD of the nipple. Unlike PD, Toker cells have small bland nuclei and are characterized by CK7+ and HER2/neu ER and PR negative immunoprofile...
- Prognostic and predictive molecular markers in DCIS: a reviewSharon Nofech-Mozes
Department of Pathology, Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Sciences Center, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Adv Anat Pathol 12:256-64. 2005..However, controversies exist regarding the value of these prognostic factors, their interrelationship, and their advantages over morphologic evaluation...
- Is expert breast pathology assessment necessary for the management of ductal carcinoma in situ ?Eileen Rakovitch
Department of Radiation Oncology, Toronto Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Centre, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Ontario, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 87:265-72. 2004..The objective of this study was to evaluate the completeness and accuracy of pathologic reporting of DCIS over the past decade and to determine the current impact of expert breast pathology assessment on the management of DCIS...
- Cutaneous myoepithelioma arising within hidradenoma of the scalpKiran Jakate
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Cutan Pathol 39:279-85. 2012..In addition to discussing this case, we provide a brief review of epithelial-myoepithelial neoplasms encountered in the skin...
- The gene associated with trichorhinophalangeal syndrome in humans is overexpressed in breast cancerLaszlo Radvanyi
Sanofi Pasteur, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M2R 3T4
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:11005-10. 2005..1 transgenic mouse. Human T cell lines from HLA-A*0201+ female donors exhibiting TRPS-1-specific cytotoxic T lymphocyte activity could also be generated...
- KIT gene mutations and patterns of protein expression in mucosal and acral melanomaSuzan Abu-Abed
Department of Anatomical Pathology, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, ON
J Cutan Med Surg 16:135-42. 2012..In particular, certain subtypes harbor mutations similar to those observed in gastrointestinal stromal tumors, which are sensitive to treatment with tyrosine kinase inhibitors...
- Expression of TdT in Merkel cell carcinoma and small cell lung carcinomaMichael Sidiropoulos
Dept of Pathology, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, 2075 Bayview Ave, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Clin Pathol 135:831-8. 2011..TdT may be beneficial in rare cases of CK20- MCC and may assist in distinguishing between MCC and SCLC. There is significant immunohistochemical variability and overlap between these 2 tumors...
- Aggressive giant fibroepithelial lesion with unusual vascular stroma--a case reportWedad Hanna
Department of Anatomical Pathology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Science Center, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mod Pathol 16:823-7. 2003..The extensive vascular stroma noted in the primary tumor may have played a role in the malignant transformation of the epithelial and stromal components in this tumor...
- Prognostic factors affecting the natural history of node-negative breast cancerMaureen E Trudeau
Department of Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 89:35-45. 2005..We undertook a natural history investigation of a broad selection of prognostic factors in a cohort of women with node-negative breast cancer...
- A novel RING-type ubiquitin ligase breast cancer-associated gene 2 correlates with outcome in invasive breast cancerAngelika M Burger
Laboratories of Molecular Pathology, Department of Anatomic Pathology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cancer Res 65:10401-12. 2005..Its association with clinical measures and its effects on cell growth indicate that BCA2 may be important for the ubiquitin modification of proteins crucial to breast carcinogenesis and growth...
- Re: High concordance between immunohistochemistry and fluorescence in situ hybridization testing for HER2 status in breast cancer requires a normalized IHC scoring systemWedad M Hanna
Mod Pathol 21:1278-80; author reply 1280-1. 2008
- American Society of Clinical Oncology/College of American Pathologists guideline recommendations for human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 testing in breast cancerAntonio C Wolff
American Society of Clinical Oncology, Alexandria, VA, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:118-45. 2007..To develop a guideline to improve the accuracy of human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER2) testing in invasive breast cancer and its utility as a predictive marker...
- Ascertaining prognosis for breast cancer in node-negative patients with innovative survival analysisJudith Anne W Chapman
Department of Public Health Sciences, Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, and Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Breast J 12:37-47. 2006..Estimated prognoses may differ substantially by survival analysis model type, by amounts that might affect patient management, and we think that the log-normal model has a major advantage over the Cox model for survival analysis...
- Biological significance of occult micrometastases in histologically negative axillary lymph nodes in breast cancer patients using the recent American Joint Committee on Cancer breast cancer staging systemHarriette J Kahn
Department of Pathology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Center, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Breast J 12:294-301. 2006..This information is important with regard to the practice of sentinel node biopsy and subsequent axillary node dissection and to the decision to administer adjuvant therapy based on detection of micrometastases in lymph nodes...
- Standardization of HER2 testing: results of an international proficiency-testing ring studyMitch Dowsett
Academic Depertment of Biochemistry, Royal Marsden Hospital, London, UK
Mod Pathol 20:584-91. 2007..7-2.3 by at least one center. Equivocal immunohistochemistry and borderline FISH cases are difficult to interpret, even for highly experienced and validated laboratories, highlighting the need for quality-control procedures...
- Expression of c-kit in fibroepithelial lesions of the breast is a mast cell phenomenonBojana Djordjevic
Department of Pathology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Mod Pathol 21:1238-45. 2008..C-kit, therefore, has neither a diagnostic nor a prognostic role in phyllodes tumors, and there is no rationale for the treatment of recurrent of malignant phyllodes tumor patients with tyrosine kinase inhibitors...
- Triple-negative breast cancer: clinical features and patterns of recurrenceRebecca Dent
Department of Medical Oncology, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 13:4429-34. 2007..To compare the clinical features, natural history, and outcomes for women with "triple-negative" breast cancer with women with other types of breast cancer...
- Estrogen receptor status in BRCA1- and BRCA2-related breast cancer: the influence of age, grade, and histological typeWilliam D Foulkes
Departments of Oncology, Sir M B Davis Jewish General Hospital, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 10:2029-34. 2004..The relationship between ER status and other clinical features of hereditary breast cancers has not been well studied...
- The combination of p53 mutation and neu/erbB-2 amplification is associated with poor survival in node-negative breast cancerShelley B Bull
Fred A. Litwin Centre for Cancer Genetics, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X5, Canada
J Clin Oncol 22:86-96. 2004....
- Immunophenotyping of serous carcinoma of the female genital tractSharon Nofech-Mozes
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Mod Pathol 21:1147-55. 2008..HER2/neu was exclusively overexpressed in serous carcinomas of endometrial origin...