W M Hanna
Affiliation: Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Sciences Centre
- Aggressive giant fibroepithelial lesion with unusual vascular stroma--a case reportWedad Hanna
Department of Anatomical Pathology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Science Center, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mod Pathol 16:823-7. 2003..The extensive vascular stroma noted in the primary tumor may have played a role in the malignant transformation of the epithelial and stromal components in this tumor...
- Chromogenic in situ hybridisation for the assessment of HER2 status in breast cancer: an international validation ring studyMarc van de Vijver
Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Breast Cancer Res 9:R68. 2007....
- Defining a test for HER-2/neu evaluation in breast cancer in the diagnostic settingW M Hanna
Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences CentreDepartments of Pathology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mod Pathol 14:677-85. 2001..These results show that there is excellent concordance between IH and PCR. However, immunohistochemistry is easier to perform and cheaper than PCR and could be used in routine assessment of HER-2/neu in breast cancer patients...
- Testing for HER2 statusW Hanna
Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ont, Canada
Oncology 61:22-30. 2001..Confirmatory HER2 testing using either FISH or quantitative PCR is recommended for indeterminate cases. Additional studies are required to calibrate HER2 testing results to clinical outcome...
- Breast adipose tissue concentrations of polychlorinated biphenyls and other organochlorines and breast cancer riskK J Aronson
Department of Community Health and Epidemiology, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 9:55-63. 2000..Clear associations with breast cancer risk were demonstrated in this study for some PCBs measured in breast adipose tissue...
- Factors affecting distant disease-free survival for primary invasive breast cancer: use of a log-normal survival modelD R McCready
Department of Surgical Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ann Surg Oncol 7:416-26. 2000..Invasive breast cancer is a frequently diagnosed disease that now comes with an ever expanding array of therapeutic management options. We assessed the effects of 20 prognostic factors in a multivariate context...
- Granuloma annulare: an elastic tissue disease? Case report and literature reviewW M Hanna
Women s College Hospital, The University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ultrastruct Pathol 23:33-8. 1999..These findings show that the main alteration in GA is elastic fiber degeneration and strongly suggest that the primary target leading to the development of this disorder is injury to the elastic tissue...
- Organochlorines and breast cancer risk by receptor status, tumor size, and grade (Canada)C G Woolcott
Department of Community Health and Epidemiology, Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Cancer Causes Control 12:395-404. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: The association between organochlorines and breast cancer risk did not significantly differ by subtype, but many PCBs were more strongly associated with tumors of poor prognosis...
- "Aberrant elastic" in elastofibroma: an immunohistochemical and ultrastructural studyH J Kahn
Department of Pathology, Women s College Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Ultrastruct Pathol 19:45-50. 1995..Our study suggests that abnormal elastogenesis with subsequent degeneration plays a role in the production of the abnormal elastic fibers in elastofibroma...
- In situ duct carcinoma of the breast: clinical and histopathologic factors and association with recurrent carcinomaN A Miller
Department of Pathology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Breast J 7:292-302. 2001..Longer follow-up will allow further evaluation of the prognostic relevance of the factors assessed...
- Hormone receptor profile of apocrine lesions of the breastMichelle Sapp
Breast J 9:335-6. 2003
- Intratumoral heterogeneity of HER2/neu in breast cancer--a rare eventWedad Hanna
Department of Pathology, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Center, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Breast J 13:122-9. 2007....
- p27 phosphorylation by Src regulates inhibition of cyclin E-Cdk2Isabel Chu
Braman Family Breast Cancer Institute of the University of Miami Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center and Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Cell 128:281-94. 2007..Importantly, we report that in tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer cell lines, Src inhibition can increase p27 levels and restore tamoxifen sensitivity. These data provide a new rationale for Src inhibitors in cancer therapy...
- The management of ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast: a screened population-based analysisEileen Rakovitch
Department of Radiation Oncology and Health Policy and Evaluation, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ont, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 101:335-47. 2007..We report a patterns of care study of women with DCIS to better understand the gap between evidence-based knowledge and the management of DCIS...
- Prognostic and predictive molecular markers in DCIS: a reviewSharon Nofech-Mozes
Department of Pathology, Sunnybrook and Women's College Health Sciences Center, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Adv Anat Pathol 12:256-64. 2005..However, controversies exist regarding the value of these prognostic factors, their interrelationship, and their advantages over morphologic evaluation...
- The gene associated with trichorhinophalangeal syndrome in humans is overexpressed in breast cancerLaszlo Radvanyi
Sanofi Pasteur, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M2R 3T4
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:11005-10. 2005..1 transgenic mouse. Human T cell lines from HLA-A*0201+ female donors exhibiting TRPS-1-specific cytotoxic T lymphocyte activity could also be generated...
- Is expert breast pathology assessment necessary for the management of ductal carcinoma in situ ?Eileen Rakovitch
Department of Radiation Oncology, Toronto Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Centre, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Centre, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Ontario, Canada
Breast Cancer Res Treat 87:265-72. 2004..The objective of this study was to evaluate the completeness and accuracy of pathologic reporting of DCIS over the past decade and to determine the current impact of expert breast pathology assessment on the management of DCIS...
- The role of HER-2/neu oncogene and vimentin filaments in the production of the Paget's phenotypeWedad Hanna
Department of Pathology, Sunnybrook and Women s College Health Sciences Center, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Breast J 9:485-90. 2003....
- Disruption of the expected positive correlation between breast tumor size and lymph node status in BRCA1-related breast carcinomaWilliam D Foulkes
Department of Oncology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cancer 98:1569-77. 2003..Therefore, the authors questioned whether the known positive correlation between tumor size and lymph node status also was present in women with BRCA1-related breast carcinomas...
- Current perspectives on HER2 testing: a review of national testing guidelinesMichael Bilous
Institute of Clinical Pathology and Medical Research, Westmead Hospital, Westmead, New South Wales, Australia
Mod Pathol 16:173-82. 2003..The key point underlined by this review is that whatever method is used to test for HER2 status, the technology must be validated first, and there must be regular internal and external quality control and quality assurance procedures...
- Significance of multifocality in ductal carcinoma in situ: outcomes of women treated with breast-conserving therapyEileen Rakovitch
Toronto Sunnybrook Odette Cancer Centre, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Oncol 25:5591-6. 2007..The objective of this study is to evaluate the significance of multifocality and the outcomes of women with multifocal DCIS treated with breast-conserving therapy...