- Mental health, concurrent disorders, and health care utilization in homeless womenVerena Strehlau
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Psychiatr Pract 18:349-60. 2012....
- Mental disorder, service use, and barriers to care among 500 homeless people in 3 different urban settingsReinhardt Michael Krausz
Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, Detwiller Pavilion, 2255 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, V6T 2A1, Canada
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 48:1235-43. 2013..To determine the standardized rates of mental disorder, health service use and barriers to care in a representatively diverse sample of homeless adults in three different sized urban centers in British Columbia, Canada...
- The association between childhood maltreatment subtypes and current suicide risk among homeless men and womenIris Torchalla
Centre for Health Evaluation and Outcome Sciences CHÉOS 620B 1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, V6Z 1Y6, Canada
Child Maltreat 17:132-43. 2012..Future studies need to further examine multitype maltreatment and suicidal behaviors in homeless populations with complex conditions...
- Substance use and predictors of substance dependence in homeless womenIris Torchalla
Centre for Health Evaluation and Outcome Sciences CHEOS, 620B 1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1Y6, Canada
Drug Alcohol Depend 118:173-9. 2011..To examine lifetime and current prevalence rates of substance use disorders and the demographic and clinical correlates of current drug dependence in a sample of homeless women...
- Daily substance use and mental health symptoms among a cohort of homeless adults in Vancouver, British ColumbiaAnita Palepu
Centre for Health Evaluation and Outcome Sciences, Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, 588B 1081 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1Y6, Canada
J Urban Health 90:740-6. 2013....
- Smoking and predictors of nicotine dependence in a homeless populationIris Torchalla
Centre for Health Evaluation and Outcome Sciences, St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, Canada
Nicotine Tob Res 13:934-42. 2011..lowly dependent smokers vs. highly dependent smokers)...
- Sexual health, vulnerabilities and risk behaviours among homeless adultsVerena Strehlau
University of British Columbia, Department of Psychiatry, Detwiller Pavilion, 2255 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC V6T 2A1, Canada
Sex Health 11:91-3. 2014..These findings may inform health policies related to sexuality to foster positive sexual health outcomes for all people, including marginalised populations. ..