Mark H Yudin
Affiliation: St. Michael's Hospital
- Access to infertility services in Canada for HIV-positive individuals and couples: a cross-sectional studyMark H Yudin
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St, Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reprod Health 7:7. 2010..abstract:..
- Progressive hypertrophic genital herpes in an HIV-infected woman despite immune recovery on antiretroviral therapyMark H Yudin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 2008:592532. 2008..HIV-infected individuals and their care providers should be aware that HSV-2 may cause atypical disease even in the context of near-comlpete immune reconstitution on HAART...
- Influence of an "opt-out" test strategy and patient factors on human immunodeficiency virus screening in pregnancyMark H Yudin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Obstet Gynecol 110:81-6. 2007..To estimate both human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) testing acceptance rates in pregnancy using an opt-out policy and patient characteristics influencing acceptance...
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome in pregnancyMark H Yudin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Division of Infectious Diseases, St Michael s Hospital, The Hospital for Sick Children, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Obstet Gynecol 105:124-7. 2005..There is limited worldwide experience with severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in pregnancy. We present a case of SARS complicating pregnancy in the third trimester, with outcome data on both the mother and baby...
- Bacterial vaginosis in pregnancy: diagnosis, screening, and managementMark H Yudin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, 15 Cardinal Carter Wing, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, ON M5B 1W8, Canada
Clin Perinatol 32:617-27. 2005..This article focuses on bacterial vaginosis in pregnancy, and discusses approaches to diagnosis, screening, and management...
- Physician Attitudes Regarding Pregnancy, Fertility Care, and Assisted Reproductive Technologies for HIV-Infected Individuals and CouplesMark H Yudin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
HIV Clin Trials 13:357-71. 2012..Physicians who had cared for HIV-infected individuals in the past were more likely to have positive attitudes than those who had not...
- Acceptability and feasibility of seasonal influenza vaccine administration in an antenatal clinic settingMark H Yudin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto ON, Canada
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 32:745-8. 2010..To assess the acceptability and feasibility of administering seasonal influenza vaccinations in an antenatal clinic setting...
- Medical records and women's self-report are not reliable sources for determining whether prenatal HIV testing was doneMark H Yudin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 28:867-72. 2006..To determine whether medical records and the self-report of a postpartum patient provide reliable information about whether or not prenatal HIV testing has been done...
- Desires, Need, Perceptions, and Knowledge of Assisted Reproductive Technologies of HIV-Positive Women of Reproductive Age in Ontario, CanadaYimeng Zhang
Women and HIV Research Program, Women s College Research Institute, Women s College Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 1N6
ISRN Obstet Gynecol 2012:853503. 2012..Fertility service professionals need to be aware of the increasing demand for ART among WLWHIV...
- Impact of patient education on knowledge of influenza and vaccine recommendations among pregnant womenMark H Yudin
Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto ON
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 32:232-7. 2010..To determine whether providing an information pamphlet in the antenatal clinic improves women's knowledge about influenza and vaccine recommendations during pregnancy...
- Use of newer antiretroviral agents, darunavir and etravirine with or without raltegravir, in pregnancy: a report of two casesDenise Jaworsky
Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Antivir Ther 15:677-80. 2010..However, data on their safety and efficacy in preventing vertical transmission are limited...
- Canadian HIV pregnancy planning guidelinesMona R Loutfy
Canadian HIV Pregnancy Planning Guideline Development Team, Toronto, Ontario
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 34:575-90. 2012..These guidelines are evidence- and community-based and flexible, and they take into account diverse and intersecting local/population needs and the social determinants of health...
- HIV mother-to-child transmission, mode of delivery, and duration of rupture of membranes: experience in the current eraSiobhan Mark
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Toronto, 92 College Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 1L4
Infect Dis Obstet Gynecol 2012:267969. 2012....
- Optimizing knowledge of antiviral medications for prophylaxis and treatment of influenza during pregnancyMark H Yudin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Michael s Hospital, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, University of Toronto, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, ON M5B 1W8, Canada
Expert Rev Respir Med 5:495-501. 2011....
- Cytomegalovirus infection in pregnancyYoav Yinon
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 32:348-54. 2010..To review the principles of prenatal diagnosis of congenital cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection and to describe the outcomes of the affected pregnancies...
- Pregnant women's knowledge of influenza and the use and safety of the influenza vaccine during pregnancyMark H Yudin
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto ON
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 31:120-5. 2009..We wished to assess pregnant women's knowledge of influenza, vaccine safety during pregnancy and breast feeding, and the recommendations for use of the influenza vaccine in pregnancy...
- Fertility desires and intentions of HIV-positive women of reproductive age in Ontario, Canada: a cross-sectional studyMona R Loutfy
Women s College Research Institute, Women s College Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 4:e7925. 2009..In order to clarify the demand, and aid with appropriate health services planning for this population, our study aims to assess the fertility desires and intentions of HIV-positive women of reproductive age living in Ontario, Canada...
- Clinical and cervical cytokine response to treatment with oral or vaginal metronidazole for bacterial vaginosis during pregnancy: a randomized trialMark H Yudin
St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Obstet Gynecol 102:527-34. 2003....
- Rural residence and risk for perinatal depression: a Canadian pilot studyLori E Ross
Social Equity and Health Research Section, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 455 Spadina Ave Suite 300, Toronto, ON, M5S 2G8, Canada
Arch Womens Ment Health 14:175-85. 2011..Further studies examining potential relationships between indicators of social connectedness and perinatal mental health may be warranted...
- The effectiveness of screening for hepatitis C in pregnancyColleen D McDermott
University of Toronto, St Michael s Hospital, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Toronto ON
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 32:1035-41. 2010..to determine the effectiveness of universal versus targeted screening for hepatitis C (HCV) during pregnancy at an urban health care centre...
- HIV screening in pregnancyLisa Keenan-Lindsay
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 28:1103-12. 2006..The purpose of this guideline is to provide recommendations to obstetric health care providers and to minimize practice variations for HIV screening, while taking provincial and territorial recommendations into account...
- Prenatal HIV testing: women's experiences of informed consent in Toronto, OntarioDale Guenter
Department of Family Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton ON
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 30:17-22. 2008..Our goal was to evaluate how the informed consent process was being carried out in Ontario...
- Cytokines, pregnancy, and bacterial vaginosis: comparison of levels of cervical cytokines in pregnant and nonpregnant women with bacterial vaginosisRichard H Beigi
University of Pittsburgh, Magee Womens Hospital, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
J Infect Dis 196:1355-60. 2007..The objective of this study was to compare, in pregnant versus nonpregnant women, endocervical proinflammatory-cytokine expression in response to bacterial vaginosis...
- Are we using the optimal strategy for GBS management in pregnancy?Mark H Yudin
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 28:499-503. 2006
- Multiple-marker screening in human immunodeficiency virus-positive pregnant women: Screen positivity rates with the triple and quad screensMark H Yudin
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Magee Womens Research Institute, and Pittsburgh Development Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 189:973-6. 2003....
- Opt out, not opt inMark H Yudin
CMAJ 169:279. 2003
- Vaginal polymorphonuclear leukocytes and bacterial vaginosis as markers for histologic endometritis among women without symptoms of pelvic inflammatory diseaseMark H Yudin
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Magee Womens Hospital, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 188:318-23. 2003..The study was performed to determine whether vaginal polymorphonuclear leukocytes can be used as predictors of histologic endometritis among women at risk for, but without symptoms of, acute pelvic inflammatory disease...