Affiliation: St. Michael's Hospital
- Old and homeless: a review and survey of older adults who use shelters in an urban settingVicky Stergiopoulos
St Michael s Hospital, Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 48:374-80. 2003..This paper reviews the available literature and presents findings of a Toronto survey in an effort to describe the demographics of homeless seniors, their level of impairment, and their mental and physical health needs...
- Canadian residents' perceived manager training needsVicky Stergiopoulos
University of Toronto, Canada
Med Teach 32:e479-85. 2010..Aim: To inform the development of a Manager Train-the-Trainer program for faculty, the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada undertook a survey of perceived Manager training needs among postgraduate trainees...
- Assessing the mental health service needs of the homeless: a level-of-care approachVicky Stergiopoulos
Inner City Health Associates, Centre for Research on Inner City Health, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Health Care Poor Underserved 21:1031-45. 2010..A level-of-care needs assessment was undertaken at Ontario's largest shelter to establish homeless clients' mental health service needs and identify service gaps...
- Teaching and learning the physician manager role: psychiatry residents' perspectivesVicky Stergiopoulos
University of Toronto, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Med Teach 32:e308-14. 2010....
- Teaching the physician-manager role to psychiatric residents: development and implementation of a pilot curriculumVicky Stergiopoulos
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Ontario M5B 1W8, Canada
Acad Psychiatry 33:125-30. 2009..The authors describe a pilot physician-manager curriculum designed to address the learning needs of psychiatric residents in administrative psychiatry and health systems...
- Collaborative mental health care for the homeless: the role of psychiatry in positive housing and mental health outcomesVicky Stergiopoulos
St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 53:61-7. 2008..Factors associated with positive outcomes for homeless men referred to a shelter-based collaborative mental health care team were examined...
- Physicians as managers: psychiatry residents' perceived gaps in knowledge and skills in administrative psychiatrySanjeev Sockalingam
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Acad Psychiatry 31:304-7. 2007..The authors determine psychiatry residents' perceived needs and educational preferences for a physician-manager curriculum...
- Residents' perceived physician-manager educational needs: a national survey of psychiatry residentsSanjeev Sockalingam
Medical and Surgical Psychiatry Program, University Health Network, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 53:745-52. 2008..To determine Canadian psychiatry residents' perceived gaps in physician-manager competencies during their residency training...
- Implementing a new physician manager curriculum into a psychiatry residency training program: the change process, barriers and facilitatorsJulie D Maggi
University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Psychiatr Q 79:21-31. 2008..Additionally, the article focuses on the role of the psychiatrist in the process...
- Housing status as an independent predictor of functional capacity in patients with schizophreniaVicky Stergiopoulos
Centre for Research on Inner City Health, The Keenan Research Centre of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Nerv Ment Dis 199:854-60. 2011..This finding highlights the importance of neuropsychological screening and interventions that promote housing stability for patients with schizophrenia...
- Moving from rhetoric to reality: adapting Housing First for homeless individuals with mental illness from ethno-racial groupsVicky Stergiopoulos
Centre for Research on Inner City Health, The Keenan Research Centre in the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St, Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, Ontario M5B 1 W8, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 12:345. 2012..This paper presents the findings of an early implementation and fidelity evaluation of the HF ER-ICM program, supplemented by participant narrative interviews to inform our understanding of the HF ER-ICM program theory...
- A systematic review of cognitive deficits in homeless adults: implications for service deliveryTara A Burra
Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 54:123-33. 2009..The primary goals of this systematic review were to assess studies of homeless adults and cognitive functioning, and to explore the clinical implications and potential impacts on social functioning of these cognitive deficits...
- Evaluating psychiatry residents as physician-managers: development of an assessment toolSanjeev Sockalingam
Dept of Psychiatry, University of Toronto the Dept of Psychiatry, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Acad Psychiatry 37:11-7. 2013..The aim of this study was to determine psychiatry residents', program directors', and PM educators' perceptions about PM role-assessment...
- Ending homelessness among people with mental illness: the At Home/Chez Soi randomized trial of a Housing First intervention in TorontoStephen W Hwang
Centre for Research on Inner City Health, The Keenan Research Centre in the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St, Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, Ontario M5B 1W8, Canada
BMC Public Health 12:787. 2012..The objectives of this paper are to examine the approach to participant recruitment and community engagement at the Toronto site of the AH/CS Project, and to describe the baseline demographics of participants in Toronto...
- Traumatic brain injury among people who are homeless: a systematic reviewJane Topolovec-Vranic
Trauma and Neurosurgery Program, Keenan Research Center of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St, Michael s Hospital Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy, University of Toronto, 30 Bond Street, Bond 3 012, Toronto, ON M5B 1W8, Canada
BMC Public Health 12:1059. 2012..The objective of this systematic review was to review the current state of the literature on TBI and homelessness in order to identify knowledge gaps and direct future research...
- Managing the neuropsychiatric complications of hepatitis C treatmentSanjeev Sockalingam
Department of Psychiatry, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Toronto, ON
Br J Hosp Med (Lond) 68:520-5. 2007..This article reviews the management of neuropsychiatric adverse effects and the risks of interferon-alpha treatment to psychiatric patients...