Janet A Parsons
Affiliation: St. Michael's Hospital
- Narcotic analgesic utilization amongst injured workers: using concept mapping to understand current issues from the perspectives of physicians and pharmacistsJanet A Parsons
Applied Health Research Centre, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond St, Toronto, Ontario, M5B 1W8, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 11:280. 2011..Factors contributing to NA utilization patterns are poorly understood. This qualitative study sought to characterize the factors contributing to NA utilization amongst injured workers from the perspectives of physicians and pharmacists...
- Standardized observation of neighbourhood disorder: does it work in Canada?Janet A Parsons
Applied Health Research Centre, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St, Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Int J Health Geogr 9:6. 2010..This study evaluated the performance of a systematic social observational (SSO) tool (adapted from previous studies of American and British neighbourhoods) in a Canadian urban context...
- "So, are you back to work yet?" Re-conceptualizing 'work' and 'return to work' in the context of primary bone cancerJanet A Parsons
Applied Health Research Centre, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Soc Sci Med 67:1826-36. 2008..This study offers a re-conceptualization of 'work' and 'return to work' in the context of osteosarcoma, with implications for clinical and return-to-work practices...
- A web-based intervention to support self-management of patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus: effect on self-efficacy, self-care and diabetes distressCatherine H Yu
Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St Michael s Hospital, Postal address 30 Bond St, Toronto, ON, M5B 1W8, Canada
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 14:117. 2014....
- Uncemented tumor endoprostheses at the knee: root causes of failureAnthony M Griffin
University Musculoskeletal Oncology Unit, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Orthop Relat Res 438:71-9. 2005..These results suggest that although the bone-ingrowth surface of this prosthesis leads to a very low aseptic loosening rate, the higher risk of stem fracture and infection must be addressed in future implant designs...
- Effect of an educational toolkit on quality of care: a pragmatic cluster randomized trialBaiju R Shah
University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Institute for Clinical Evaluative Sciences, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
PLoS Med 11:e1001588. 2014..The objective of this pragmatic cluster randomized trial was to evaluate the effectiveness of an educational toolkit focusing on cardiovascular disease screening and risk reduction in people with diabetes...
- Evaluation of a toolkit to improve cardiovascular disease screening and treatment for people with type 2 diabetes: protocol for a cluster-randomized pragmatic trialBaiju R Shah
University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Trials 11:44. 2010..This study will evaluate the impact of the strategy to improve cardiovascular disease (CVD) screening, prevention and treatment for people with diabetes...
- User-centered design of a web-based self-management site for individuals with type 2 diabetes - providing a sense of control and communityCatherine H Yu
Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St, Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, ON M5B 1 W8, Canada
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 14:60. 2014..To design and test a web-based self-management tool for patients with type 2 diabetes for its usability and feasibility...
- Work status after distal femoral Kotz reconstruction for malignant tumors of boneAndrea Brown
University Musculoskeletal Oncology Unit, and Department of Rehabilitation Medicine, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 84:62-8. 2003..To determine the proportion of patients who experienced altered work status after reconstruction with a modular tumor prosthesis and adjuvant chemotherapy for primary sarcoma of the distal femur...
- To 'Get by' or 'get help'? A qualitative study of physicians' challenges and dilemmas when patients have limited English proficiencyJanet A Parsons
Applied Health Research Centre, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada Department of Physical Therapy and Graduate Department of Rehabilitation Science, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
BMJ Open 4:e004613. 2014..Language discordance has important effects on health outcomes, including mortality. This study sought to explore physicians' experiences of care provision in situations of language discordance in depth...
- Designing a multifaceted survivorship care plan to meet the information and communication needs of breast cancer patients and their family physicians: results of a qualitative pilot studyRashida Haq
Division of Hematology and Oncology, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 13:76. 2013..In this three-phase qualitative pilot study we designed, implemented and evaluated a multi-faceted survivorship care plan (SCP) to address the information needs of BCPs at our facility and of their FPs...
- Predicting length of stay out of hospital following lung resection using preoperative health status measuresJanet A Parsons
Department of Research, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Qual Life Res 12:645-54. 2003..224, p < 0.001). LOSOH was inversely correlated with complications. While it remains difficult to predict severe complications in this population, within Group A, health status measures demonstrated a limited ability to predict LOSOH...