Affiliation: St. Michael's Hospital
- Racial inequalities in preterm delivery: issues in the measurement of psychosocial constructsPatricia O'Campo
Department of Population and Family Health Sciences, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 192:S56-63. 2005....
- Community-based services for homeless adults experiencing concurrent mental health and substance use disorders: a realist approach to synthesizing evidencePatricia O'Campo
The Centre for Research on Inner City Health, The Keenan Research Centre, LiKaShing Knowledge Institute, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Canada
J Urban Health 86:965-89. 2009..Our realist informed review is a useful methodology for synthesizing complex programming information on community-based interventions...
- Examining methodological details of neighbourhood observations and the relationship to health: a literature reviewNicole Schaefer-McDaniel
St Michael s Hospital, Centre for Research on Inner City Health, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Soc Sci Med 70:277-92. 2010..We see this review as a first step in developing sound observational measures of neighbourhood factors and conclude by providing recommendations for researchers undertaking neighbourhood observations in the future...
- Standardized observation of neighbourhood disorder: does it work in Canada?Janet A Parsons
Applied Health Research Centre, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St, Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Int J Health Geogr 9:6. 2010..This study evaluated the performance of a systematic social observational (SSO) tool (adapted from previous studies of American and British neighbourhoods) in a Canadian urban context...
- What is needed to implement a computer-assisted health risk assessment tool? An exploratory concept mapping studyFarah Ahmad
School of Health Policy and Management, York University, 4700 Keele Street, HNES Building, 4th Floor, Toronto, ON, M3J 1P3, Canada
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 12:149. 2012....
- Partner abuse or violence, parenting and neighborhood influences on children's behavioral problemsPatricia O'Campo
The Centre for Research on Inner City Health, The Kennan Research Centre, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M5B 1W8
Soc Sci Med 70:1404-15. 2010..These interactions between neighborhood factors and IPV were not explained by parental factors...
- Moving from rhetoric to reality: adapting Housing First for homeless individuals with mental illness from ethno-racial groupsVicky Stergiopoulos
Centre for Research on Inner City Health, The Keenan Research Centre in the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St, Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond Street, Toronto, Ontario M5B 1 W8, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 12:345. 2012..This paper presents the findings of an early implementation and fidelity evaluation of the HF ER-ICM program, supplemented by participant narrative interviews to inform our understanding of the HF ER-ICM program theory...
- Neighborhood deprivation and preterm birth among non-Hispanic Black and White women in eight geographic areas in the United StatesPatricia O'Campo
Centre for Research on Inner City Health, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Epidemiol 167:155-63. 2008..08, 1.23) for non-Hispanic Blacks. In this study, deprivation at the neighborhood level was significantly associated with increased risk of preterm birth among both non-Hispanic White women and non-Hispanic Black women...