Affiliation: St. Michael's Hospital
- A comprehensive evidence-based approach to fever of unknown originOphyr Mourad
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Arch Intern Med 163:545-51. 2003..Fever of unknown origin (FUO) is defined as a temperature higher than 38.3 degrees C on several occasions and lasting longer than 3 weeks, with a diagnosis that remains uncertain after 1 week of investigation...
- Clinical teaching and clinical outcomes: teaching capability and its association with patient outcomesOphyr Mourad
St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Med Educ 40:637-44. 2006..There is little research on the impact of medical education on patient outcome. We studied whether teaching capability is associated with altered short-term patient outcomes...
- Does this patient with diabetes have osteomyelitis of the lower extremity?Sonia Butalia
Department of Medicine, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
JAMA 299:806-13. 2008..The diagnosis of lower limb osteomyelitis in patients with diabetes remains a challenge...
- Evaluation of standardized doctor's orders as an educational tool for undergraduate medical students: a prospective cohort studyYuna Lee
St Michael s Hospital, 4 CCW 149 30 bond st, Toronto, Ontario M5B 1W8, Canada
BMC Med Educ 13:97. 2013..The objective of the study was to evaluate the impact of standardized admission orders on disease-specific knowledge among undergraduate medical trainees...
- Clinical problem-solving. A stain in timeJeremy Jones
Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto
N Engl J Med 356:68-74. 2007