Affiliation: St. Michael's Hospital
- Validation of an insulin infusion nomogram for intensive glucose control in critically ill patientsClarence Chant
Perioperative and Critical Care Services, Department of Pharmacy, St Michael s Hospital, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pharmacotherapy 25:352-9. 2005..To evaluate the effectiveness, safety, and associated patient outcomes of a simplified, nurse-directed insulin nomogram designed to achieve intensive blood glucose level control (target range 90-144 mg/dl)...
- Anemia, transfusion, and phlebotomy practices in critically ill patients with prolonged ICU length of stay: a cohort studyClarence Chant
Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, 144 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3M2
Crit Care 10:R140. 2006..This study was performed to characterize anemia, transfusion, and phlebotomy practices in patients with prolonged ICU LOS...
- Discordance between perception and treatment practices associated with intensive care unit-acquired bacteriuria and funguria: a Canadian physician surveyClarence Chant
Pharmacy Department, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Crit Care Med 36:1158-67. 2008..To determine physician practice and perception about the management of intensive care unit (ICU)-acquired bacteriuria and funguria...
- Relationship of catheter-associated urinary tract infection to mortality and length of stay in critically ill patients: a systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studiesClarence Chant
Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto and Pharmacy Department, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Crit Care Med 39:1167-73. 2011..To determine whether catheter-associated urinary tract infections are associated with increased morbidity and mortality in critically ill patients...
- Nurse- vs nomogram-directed glucose control in a cardiovascular intensive care unitClarence Chant
Pharmacy Department, Critical Care Department at St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Am J Crit Care 21:270-8. 2012..Paper-based nomograms are reasonably effective for achieving glycemic control but have low adherence and are less adaptive than nurses' judgment...
- Long-term outcomes and clinical predictors of hospital mortality in very long stay intensive care unit patients: a cohort studyJan O Friedrich
Critical Care Department, St, Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Crit Care 10:R59. 2006..The purpose of this study was to identify long-term outcomes after hospital discharge and readily available clinical predictors of hospital mortality for patients requiring prolonged care in the ICU...
- Allergic and hypersensitivity reactions in the intensive care unitSalmaan Kanji
Ottawa Hospital and Ottawa Health Research Institute, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Crit Care Med 38:S162-8. 2010..This article outlines the background and types of hypersensitivity reactions and provides descriptions and management strategies when applicable to common types of hypersensitivity reactions encountered in the intensive care unit...
- Does intensive insulin therapy really reduce mortality in critically ill surgical patients? A reanalysis of meta-analytic dataJan O Friedrich
Interdepartmental Division of Critical Care and Department of Medicine, University of Toronto, R, Fraser Elliot Building, 3rd Floor, South Wing, 3S 805, 190 Elizabeth Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Crit Care 14:324. 2010..Further insights may come from individual patient data meta-analyses or from future large multicenter RCTs in more narrowly defined subgroups of surgical patients...
- A Canadian Critical Care Trials Group project in collaboration with the international forum for acute care trialists - Collaborative H1N1 Adjuvant Treatment pilot trial (CHAT): study protocol and design of a randomized controlled trialKaren E A Burns
Interdepartmental Division of Critical Care Medicine and Departments of Pharmacy, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Trials 12:70. 2011....
- Reporting Guidelines for Clinical Pharmacokinetic Studies: The ClinPK StatementSalmaan Kanji
Department of Pharmacy, The Ottawa Hospital and Ottawa Hospital Research Institute, 501 Smyth Rd, Ottawa, ON, K1H 8L6, Canada
Clin Pharmacokinet 54:783-95. 2015..The objective of this study was to create a guideline to assist in the transparent and complete reporting of clinical pharmacokinetic studies...
- Evaluating the use of Drotrecogin alfa (activated) in adult severe sepsis: a Canadian multicenter observational studySalmaan Kanji
Department of Pharmacy, The Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa Health Research Institute, 501 Smyth Road, Room 1818, H1H 8L6, Ottawa, ON, Canada
Intensive Care Med 33:517-23. 2007..The purpose of this study was to characterize the usage patterns and clinical outcomes of DAA in Ontario and Quebec over a 1-year period...