- Genome-wide gene expression profiling analysis of Leishmania major and Leishmania infantum developmental stages reveals substantial differences between the two speciesAnnie Rochette
Research Centre in Infectious Diseases, CHUL Research Centre and Department of Medical Biology, Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
BMC Genomics 9:255. 2008....
- Improving the prediction of mRNA extremities in the parasitic protozoan LeishmaniaMartin Smith
Research Centre in Infectious Diseases, CHUL Research Centre, 2705 Laurier Blvd, Quebec, QC G1V 4G2, Canada
BMC Bioinformatics 9:158. 2008..Trans-splicing signals are often U-rich polypyrimidine (poly(Y)) tracts, which precede AG splice acceptor sites. However, as opposed to higher eukaryotes there is no consensus polyadenylation signal in trypanosomatid mRNAs...
- Organization and evolution of two SIDER retroposon subfamilies and their impact on the Leishmania genomeMartin Smith
Research Centre in Infectious Diseases, CHUL Research Centre, RC 709, 2705 Laurier Blvd, Quebec QC, G1V4G2 Canada
BMC Genomics 10:240. 2009..Apparent functional domestication of SIDERs prompted further investigation of their characterization, dissemination and evolution throughout the Leishmania genus, with particular attention to the disregarded SIDER1 subfamily...
- Rapid decay of unstable Leishmania mRNAs bearing a conserved retroposon signature 3'-UTR motif is initiated by a site-specific endonucleolytic cleavage without prior deadenylationMichaela Muller
Infectious Disease Research Centre, CHUL Research Centre and Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Medicine, Laval University, Quebec, Canada
Nucleic Acids Res 38:5867-83. 2010..These results establish a new paradigm for how unstable mRNAs are degraded in Leishmania and could serve as the basis for a better understanding of mRNA decay pathways in general...
- Theoretical investigation of measuring cerebral blood flow in the adult human head using bolus Indocyanine Green injection and near-infrared spectroscopyTerence S Leung
Department of Medical Physics, University College London, London, UK
Appl Opt 46:1604-14. 2007..The dispersion of the arterial input function also affected the CBF estimates...
- Members of a large retroposon family are determinants of post-transcriptional gene expression in LeishmaniaFrederic Bringaud
Laboratoire de Genomique Fonctionnelle des Trypanosomatides, Universite Victor Segalen Bordeaux 2, Bordeaux, France
PLoS Pathog 3:1291-307. 2007..To our knowledge, this is the first example in eukaryotes of the domestication and expansion of a family of mobile elements that have evolved to fulfill a critical cellular function...