- Longitudinal study of retinal degeneration in a rat using spectral domain optical coherence tomography
Marinko V Sarunic
School of Engineering Science, Simon Fraser University, BC, Canada
Opt Express 18:23435-41. 2010
..The computational tools complement OCT retinal volumetric acquisition, resulting in a powerful tool for vision scientists working with rodents...
- Comparative analysis of repeatability of manual and automated choroidal thickness measurements in nonneovascular age-related macular degeneration
School of Engineering Science, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 54:2864-71. 2013
- Segmentation of intra-retinal layers from optical coherence tomography images using an active contour approach
School of Engineering Science, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC, V5A 1S6, Canada
IEEE Trans Med Imaging 30:484-96. 2011
..84 over all segmented retinal layers, and of 0.94 for the combined nerve fiber layer, ganglion cell layer, and inner plexiform layer which are the critical layers for glaucomatous degeneration...
- Rapid volumetric OCT image acquisition using compressive sampling
School of Engineering Science, Simon Fraser University, Canada
Opt Express 18:21003-12. 2010
..The potential outcome of this work is a significant reduction in OCT image acquisition time, with possible extensions to speeding up acquisition in other imaging modalities such as ultrasound and MRI...
- Graphics processing unit accelerated optical coherence tomography processing at megahertz axial scan rate and high resolution video rate volumetric rendering
Simon Fraser University, School of Engineering Science, Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6, Canada
J Biomed Opt 18:26002. 2013
- Rapid radial optical coherence tomography image acquisition
School of Engineering Science, Simon Fraser University, 8888 University Drive, Burnaby, British Columbia V5A 1S6, Canada
J Biomed Opt 18:036004. 2013
..The potential outcome of this work could lead to significant reductions in OCT volume acquisition time in clinical practice...
- Performance and scalability of Fourier domain optical coherence tomography acceleration using graphics processing units
School of Engineering Sciences, Simon Fraser University, V5A 1S6 Burnaby, BC, Canada
Appl Opt 50:1832-8. 2011
..Finally, we discuss how the performance trends of GPU-based accelerators compare to the expected future requirements of FD-OCT data rates...
- Adaptive optics optical coherence tomography for in vivo mouse retinal imaging
Simon Fraser University, Engineering Science, Burnaby, British Columbia V5A 1S6, Canada
J Biomed Opt 18:56007. 2013
..Performance of the adaptive optics (AO) system for correcting residual wavefront aberration in the mice eyes is presented. Results of AO FD-OCT images of mouse retina acquired in vivo with and without AO correction are shown as well...
- Quantitative evaluation of transform domains for compressive sampling-based recovery of sparsely sampled volumetric OCT images
Andy Bo Wu
School of Engineering Science, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC, Canada
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 60:470-8. 2013
..We observed that fast Fourier transformation and wavelet both are capable of reconstructing OCT image volumes for the orthogonal sparse sampling masks used in this report, but with different merits...
- Optic nerve head registration via hemispherical surface and volume registration
School of Engineering Science, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, BC V5A1S6, Canada
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 57:2592-5. 2010
..An application of this coordinate system to construct an average ONH shape across an illustrative dataset is demonstrated, and the impact of template selection is assessed...