Robert J McMahon
Affiliation: Simon Fraser University
- Predictive validity of callous-unemotional traits measured in early adolescence with respect to multiple antisocial outcomesRobert J McMahon
Department of Psychology, University of Washington, USA
J Abnorm Psychol 119:752-63. 2010..Findings clearly support the inclusion of CU traits as a specifier for the diagnosis of conduct disorder, at least with respect to predictive validity...
- Evidence for a multi-dimensional latent structural model of externalizing disordersKatie Witkiewitz
Department of Psychology, Washington State University, 14204 NE Salmon Creek Ave, Vancouver, WA 98686, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 41:223-37. 2013..These results have important implications for the conceptualization of externalizing disorders in DSM-5...
- A parallel process growth mixture model of conduct problems and substance use with risky sexual behaviorJohnny Wu
Fast Track, Department of Psychology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Drug Alcohol Depend 111:207-14. 2010..Results highlight the importance of studying the conjoint relations among conduct problems, substance use, and risky sexual behavior in a unified model...
- The effects of the fast track program on serious problem outcomes at the end of elementary schoolKaren L Bierman
Department of Psychology, Pennsylvania State University, PA, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 33:650-61. 2004..The stage is set to examine potential prevention effects on these youths' serious antisocial behaviors during adolescence...
- A test of three alternative hypotheses regarding the effects of early delinquency on adolescent psychosocial functioning and substance involvementW Alex Mason
Social Development Research Group, University of Washington, 9725 3rd Avenue NE, Suite 401, Seattle, WA 98115, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 35:831-43. 2007..Results also showed that peer substance use was a direct positive predictor of problem use...
- Item analysis and differential item functioning of a brief conduct problem screenJohnny Wu
Department of Psychology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 1525, USA
Psychol Assess 24:444-54. 2012..These findings provide support for the use of IRT modeling to examine item characteristics of conduct problem scales and DIF to test for scalar equivalence across diverse subpopulations...
- The acceptability and representativeness of standardized parent-child interaction tasksDana M Rhule
University of Washington, WA, USA
Behav Ther 40:393-402. 2009..Limitations and implications of these findings for the assessment of parent-child interaction are discussed...
- Conduct problems, depressive symptomatology and their co-occurring presentation in childhood as predictors of adjustment in early adolescenceErin M Ingoldsby
Department of Psychology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112, USA
J Abnorm Child Psychol 34:603-21. 2006..Few gender differences were noted in the relations among CP, depressive symptoms, and adjustment over time...
- Problem behavior and romantic relationships: assortative mating, behavior contagion, and desistanceDana M Rhule-Louie
Department of Psychology, University of Washington, Box 351525, Seattle, WA 98195 1525, USA
Clin Child Fam Psychol Rev 10:53-100. 2007..Finally, we discuss possible moderators of the association between problem behavior and romantic relationships, as well as limitations, intergenerational implications, and recommended future directions of the reviewed research...
- Child psychopathy: theories, measurement, and relations with the development and persistence of conduct problemsJulie S Kotler
Department of Psychology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 1525, USA
Clin Child Fam Psychol Rev 8:291-325. 2005....
- The relationship between parental knowledge and monitoring and child and adolescent conduct problems: a 10-year updateSarah Jensen Racz
Department of Psychology, University of Washington, P O Box 351525, Seattle, WA 98195 1525, USA
Clin Child Fam Psychol Rev 14:377-98. 2011....
- Perceptions of parenting versus parent-child interactions among incest survivorsMonica M Fitzgerald
Department of Psychology, University of Georgia, Athens, 30602 3013, USA
Child Abuse Negl 29:661-81. 2005..The secondary aim of this study was to explore the constructs of internal working models of relationships and maternal psychological adjustment as potential mediators of the relation between incest history and parenting...
- Evidence-based assessment of conduct problems in children and adolescentsRobert J McMahon
Department of Psychology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195 1525, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 34:477-505. 2005....
- Trajectories of smoking among freshmen college students with prior smoking history and risk for future smoking: data from the University Project Tobacco Etiology Research Network (UpTERN) studyCraig R Colder
Department of Psychology, State University of New York, University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY, USA
Addiction 103:1534-43. 2008..Little is known about smoking during the transition to college. The current study examined trajectories of smoking among college freshmen, how trajectories predicted later smoking and the social context of smoking...
- Relation of adolescent mothers' history of antisocial behavior to child conduct problems and social competenceDana M Rhule
Department of Psychology, University of Washington, USA
J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol 33:524-35. 2004..Negative parenting did not mediate the relation between maternal ASB and child social competence. Implications for intervention and future research are discussed...