- The Canadian study of the sirolimus-eluting stent in the treatment of patients with long de novo lesions in small native coronary arteries (C-SIRIUS)Erick Schampaert
Hopital du Sacre Coeur de Montreal, 5400 Bl Gouin O, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4J 1C5
J Am Coll Cardiol 43:1110-5. 2004..We assessed the safety and effectiveness of the sirolimus-eluting stent (SES) in treating single de novo long lesions in small native coronary arteries compared to an identical bare metal stent (BMS)...
- Platelet count, not oxidative stress, may contribute to inadequate platelet inhibition by aspirinMarie Lordkipanidzé
Faculty of Pharmacy, Universite de Montreal, Research Center, Department of Pharmacy, Hopital du Sacre Coeur de Montreal, 5400, Boulevard Gouin Ouest Montréal, Quebec, Canada H4J 1C5
Int J Cardiol 143:43-50. 2010..Additionally, we sought to investigate whether individual pre-selected demographic, hematological or biochemical parameters further increased the risk of inadequate platelet response to aspirin...
- Evaluation of the platelet count drop method for assessment of platelet function in comparison with "gold standard" light transmission aggregometryMarie Lordkipanidzé
Faculty of Pharmacy, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Thromb Res 124:418-22. 2009..We assessed whether platelet count drop (PCD), a technique widely available in any haematology laboratory, could replace LTA in testing for inhibition of platelet aggregation induced by antiplatelet agents...
- Comparison of electrocardiographic recordings in open-chest and closed-chest swine modelsSherif Shousha
Research Center, Faculty of Pharmacy, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci 49:852-5. 2010..Invasive surgical procedures in open-chest swine models may lead to morphologic changes in the ST segment. The physiologic mechanism of these changes is not fully understood...
- Genetic determinants of response to aspirin: appraisal of 4 candidate genesMarie Lordkipanidzé
Faculty of Pharmacy, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128, Succ Centre Ville, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Thromb Res 128:47-53. 2011....
- Sirolimus-eluting stents at two years: a pooled analysis of SIRIUS, E-SIRIUS, and C-SIRIUS with emphasis on late revascularizations and stent thrombosesErick Schampaert
Cardiology Division, Hopital du Sacre Coeur de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Cardiol 98:36-41. 2006....
- Delays to reperfusion therapy in acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction: results from the AMI-QUEBEC StudyThao Huynh
Division of Cardiology, Department of Cardiology, Montreal General Hospital, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
CMAJ 175:1527-32. 2006..Through the AMI-QUEBEC Study we sought to describe delays to reperfusion therapy for ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) and to identify factors associated with prolonged delays...
- Progressive epicardial coronary blood flow reduction fails to produce ST-segment depression at normal heart ratesMarilyn de Chantal
Research Center, Hopital du Sacre Coeur de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada H4J 1C5
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 291:H2889-96. 2006....
- A comparison of six major platelet function tests to determine the prevalence of aspirin resistance in patients with stable coronary artery diseaseMarie Lordkipanidzé
Faculty of Pharmacy, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Eur Heart J 28:1702-8. 2007..We sought to compare the results obtained from six major platelet function tests in the assessment of the prevalence of aspirin resistance in patients with stable coronary artery disease...
- Cost effectiveness of the sirolimus-eluting stent in high-risk patients in Canada: an analysis from the C-SIRIUS trialStephane Rinfret
Pharmaco economics and pharmaco epidemiology unit, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal CHUM, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Am J Cardiovasc Drugs 6:159-68. 2006..The cost effectiveness of drug-eluting stents in Canada is debated and deserves further evaluation in high-risk patients...
- Effects of the antioxidant succinobucol (AGI-1067) on human atherosclerosis in a randomized clinical trialJean Claude Tardif
Montreal Heart Institute and Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Atherosclerosis 197:480-6. 2008..The present study originally intended to study restenosis as a primary endpoint but was subsequently modified to primarily investigate the effects of AGI-1067 on coronary atherosclerosis...
- Porcine model of intracoronary pulverization of stent struts by rotablation atherectomyThuy Tran Quang
Centre de Recherche, Hôpital du Sacré Cœur de Montréal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 82:E842-8. 2013..To evaluate the feasibility and safety of rotablation atherectomy in a suboptimally expanded stent...
- Gender-specific outcomes after sirolimus-eluting stent implantationEmilia Solinas
Columbia University Medical Center and the Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, New York, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:2111-6. 2007..We examined the impact of gender on outcomes of patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention using sirolimus-eluting stents (SES)...
- Drug-eluting stentsStephane Rinfret
CMAJ 176:1611-2. 2007
- Safety and efficacy of sirolimus- and paclitaxel-eluting coronary stentsGregg W Stone
Columbia University Medical Center and the Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, NY 10022, USA
N Engl J Med 356:998-1008. 2007..Such studies have been inconclusive because of their insufficient size, the use of historical controls, a limited duration of follow-up, and a lack of access to original source data...
- Cause of death with bare metal and sirolimus-eluting stentsDavid R Holmes
Division of Cardiovascular Diseases, Mayo Clinic, 200 First Street SW, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Eur Heart J 27:2815-22. 2006..The aim of the present study was to compare the incidence and cause of death between patients who received sirolimus-eluting or bare metal stents...
- Periprocedural and late consequences of overlapping Cypher sirolimus-eluting stents: pooled analysis of five clinical trialsDean J Kereiakes
Heart Center of Greater Cincinnati and the Lindner Center for Research and Education at The Christ Hospital, Ohio Heart and Vascular Center Inc, Cincinnati, Ohio 45219, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:21-31. 2006..The purpose of this research was to determine the relative safety and efficacy of multiple (> or =2) overlapping Cypher sirolimus-eluting stents (SES) (Johnson & Johnson, New Brunswick, New Jersey)...
- Direct stenting of native de novo coronary artery lesions with the sirolimus-eluting stent: a post hoc subanalysis of the pooled E- and C-SIRIUS trialsMichael Schlüter
Center for Cardiology and Vascular Intervention, Hamburg, Germany
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:10-3. 2005..We sought to assess the impact of direct stenting (DS) using the sirolimus-eluting stent (SES) on angiographic and clinical outcomes...
- Sirolimus-eluting stents for treatment of patients with long atherosclerotic lesions in small coronary arteries: double-blind, randomised controlled trial (E-SIRIUS)Joachim Schofer
Centre for Cardiology and Vascular Intervention, Othmarscher Kirchenweg 168, D 22763, Hamburg, Germany
Lancet 362:1093-9. 2003..We investigated the risk of restenosis with use of sirolimus-eluting stents compared with bare-metal stents to assess possible differences...
- The Canadian Association of Interventional Cardiology and the Canadian Cardiovascular Society joint statement on drug-eluting stentsMachael P Love
Division of Cardiology, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Halifax, Nova Scotia
Can J Cardiol 23:121-3. 2007..The purpose of the present statement is to summarize the available evidence relating to DES thrombosis and to provide practical recommendations regarding DES use and antiplatelet therapy...
- Impact of platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa receptor inhibitors on outcomes of diabetic patients undergoing percutaneous coronary interventions using sirolimus-eluting stentsEugenia Nikolsky
Columbia University Medical Center, Center for Interventional Vascular Therapy and the Cardiovascular Research Foundation, New York, NY 10022, USA
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 71:896-906. 2008..We assessed the outcomes in diabetic patients undergoing percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) using sirolimus-eluting stents (SES) as a function of treatment with glycoprotein (GP) IIb/IIIa inhibitors...
- Assessment of VerifyNow P2Y12 assay accuracy in evaluating clopidogrel-induced platelet inhibitionMarie Lordkipanidzé
Faculties of Pharmacy, Universite de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
Ther Drug Monit 30:372-8. 2008..At present, the use of this assay in clinical care cannot be recommended for monitoring clopidogrel therapy...
- Effects of the acyl coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase inhibitor avasimibe on human atherosclerotic lesionsJean Claude Tardif
Montreal Heart Institute, 5000 Belanger St, Montreal, H1T 1C8, Canada
Circulation 110:3372-7. 2004..The ACAT inhibitor avasimibe was shown to reduce experimental atherosclerosis. This study was designed to investigate the effects of avasimibe on human coronary atherosclerosis...