Affiliation: Ryerson University
- Gucciardi E, Jean Pierre N, Karam G, Sidani S. Designing and delivering facilitated storytelling interventions for chronic disease self-management: a scoping review. BMC Health Serv Res. 2016;16:249 pubmed publisher..However, measures of impact differed across interventions given the variation in chronic conditions. Our findings can guide future development and implementations of storytelling interventions. ..
- Mathew R, Gucciardi E, De Melo M, Barata P. Self-management experiences among men and women with type 2 diabetes mellitus: a qualitative analysis. BMC Fam Pract. 2012;13:122 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight the differences in needs and challenges of diabetes self-management among men and women, which may inform gender-sensitive diabetes, care, counseling and support. ..
- Gucciardi E, Wang S, Demelo M, Amaral L, Stewart D. Characteristics of men and women with diabetes: observations during patients' initial visit to a diabetes education centre. Can Fam Physician. 2008;54:219-27 pubmed
- Gucciardi E, Mathew R, Demelo M, Bondy S. Profiles of smokers and non-smokers with type 2 diabetes: initial visit at a diabetes education centers. Prim Care Diabetes. 2011;5:185-94 pubmed publisher..These findings identify issues that need to be addressed in diabetes self-management programs to allow for more effective interventions tailored to the healthcare needs of this specific population. ..
- Grohmann B, Espin S, Gucciardi E. Patients' experiences of diabetes education teams integrated into primary care. Can Fam Physician. 2017;63:e128-e136 pubmed..Diabetes patients appear to benefit from convenient access to interprofessional teams of educators in primary care to support diabetes self-management. ..