Stephen R Arnott
Affiliation: Rotman Research Institute
- An investigation of auditory contagious yawningStephen R Arnott
Rotman Research Institute, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci 9:335-42. 2009..A supplemental figure for this study may be downloaded from http://cabn.psychonomic-journals.org/content/supplemental...
- Attentional set modulates visual areas: an event-related potential study of attentional captureS R Arnott
Department of Psychology, University of Toronto, Ontario, Toronto, Canada
Brain Res Cogn Brain Res 12:383-95. 2001..These findings support the notion that attentional capture with peripheral cues is not simply reflexive but is modulated by top-down processes...
- Neural generators underlying concurrent sound segregationStephen R Arnott
Rotman Research Institute, Baycrest Centre, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M6A 2E1
Brain Res 1387:116-24. 2011....
- Assessing the auditory dual-pathway model in humansStephen R Arnott
Rotman Research Institute, Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care, 3560 Bathurst Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M6A 2E1
Neuroimage 22:401-8. 2004..g., sound identity) is processed primarily along the ventral stream whereas sound location is processed along the dorsal stream and areas posterior to primary auditory cortex...
- Stepping out of the spotlight: MMN attenuation as a function of distance from the attended locationStephen R Arnott
Rotman Research Institute, Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care, Toronto, Ontario M6A 2E1, Canada
Neuroreport 13:2209-12. 2002..The results are consistent with a spotlight model of auditory attention in which the processing of stimuli outside the attentional focus is attenuated as a function of increasing distance from the focus...
- Effects of perceptual context on event-related brain potentials during auditory spatial attentionStephen R Arnott
Rotman Research Institute, Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Psychophysiology 39:625-32. 2002....
- The auditory dorsal pathway: orienting visionStephen R Arnott
Rotman Research Institute, Baycrest Centre, 3560 Bathurst Street, Toronto, Ontario
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 35:2162-73. 2011..Incorporating an auditory-guided motor aspect to the dorsal pathway not only offers a more holistic account of auditory processing, but also provides a more ecologically valid perspective on auditory processing in dorsal brain regions...
- Shape-specific activation of occipital cortex in an early blind echolocation expertStephen R Arnott
The Rotman Research Institute, Baycrest, 3560 Bathurst Street, Toronto, Ontario M6A 2E1, Canada
Neuropsychologia 51:938-49. 2013..Together, our findings indicate that the echolocation activation in EB's occipital cortex is feature-specific, and that these object representations appear to be organized in a topographic manner...
- The functional organization of auditory working memory as revealed by fMRIStephen R Arnott
Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care, Toronto, Canada
J Cogn Neurosci 17:819-31. 2005....
- Neural correlates of natural human echolocation in early and late blind echolocation expertsLore Thaler
Department of Psychology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
PLoS ONE 6:e20162. 2011..To tackle this question, we recruited echolocation experts, one early- and one late-blind, and measured functional brain activity in each of them while they listened to their own echolocation sounds...
- Voice recognition and the posterior cingulate: an fMRI study of prosopagnosiaStephen R Arnott
Department of Psychology, The University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
J Neuropsychol 2:269-86. 2008....
- Crinkling and crumpling: an auditory fMRI study of material propertiesStephen R Arnott
CIHR Group for Action and Perception, Department of Psychology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Neuroimage 43:368-78. 2008....
- Modulating the attentional repulsion effectJay Pratt
Department of Psychology, University of Toronto, 100 St George Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3G3
Acta Psychol (Amst) 127:137-45. 2008..Moreover, it appears that attentional processes underlying changes related to when targets are perceived appear to be the same as those underlying changes related to perceiving where targets are...
- Rapid tuning of auditory "what" and "where" pathways by trainingYi Du
Rotman Research Institute, Baycrest Centre for Geriatric Care, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M6A 2E1 Department of Psychology, Speech and Hearing Research Center, Key Laboratory on Machine Perception Ministry of Education, PKU IDG McGovern Institute for Brain Research, Peking University, Beijing 100871, China and
Cereb Cortex 25:496-506. 2015....